Swap Meet Raffle at the Annual

We will be having a raffle at this years Annual, but it will be a little different than what most will be used to. The club has procured several raffle items from sponsors and even purchased a “big ticket” item for the raffle, but the bulk of the raffle will be a swap meet raffle. What that means is that you will still be able to purchase tickets and participate in the raffle per normal, but we will also be allowing, encouraging, counting on members to bring in items to get raffled off in exchange for tickets. Pretty good deal right?

So here is how it’ll work. Scavenge your garage and find any good condition, new or used but useable Rover related items. Bring them to the raffle and exchange them for tickets. The value will be assessed by whoever is handing out the tickets, likely myself or someone else on the board. Generally most used items go for about half the original price, condition dependent of course. New items can go for their new item price. Bringing any price reference documentation will be helpful, like an online screenshot of it for sale somewhere. Otherwise I’m sure we can figure out a fair price ourselves. We will then add the items to the raffle for someone else to win. This will be a great way to clear out some useful parts that are collecting dust and taking up space while helping out fellow members who could put those parts to good use. It could be camping supplies, rover parts, rover memorabilia, or even services like a weekend trailer rental/borrow. Any large items like engines or such don’t need to be brought to the raffle. If you can bring some pictures or something along with some info to corroborate a value then that should be sufficient. We do want good stuff tho, we don’t want this to be filled with junk nobody will want. So if you have a borderline item, or something very specialized like an engine, please contact me before and maybe we can figure out if it will be appropriate and also predetermine a value for it. 

This is a new concept for us. We have high hopes for it, but there may be areas that need fine tuning for the future. The success will be largely dependent on the quality of items we get. So please feel free to reach out to me if you have items that you aren’t sure about. I think this should be a lot of fun. Best way to contact me is through the phone via call or text. DM through the forum is ok too, but response time won’t be as quick.

Eric

408-772-8534

image.png

The following will also be in the raffle!

• Hi-Lift Lift Mate - Donated by Lutz
  • Knightsbridge Seat Covers $100 Gift Certificate - Donated by Todd Wynn
  • Bearmach Flask - Donated by Miles Wynn
  • Tire Deflators - Donated by Tyler
  • Spill Kit(s) - Donated by NCLR

I'll be entering some items into the raffle that have been cluttering up the barn.

First, a well running 2.5NA diesel engine pulled from a 1987 110 with only 70,000 miles on it. It MOD green, what is not to love? Think of the possibilities! They are endless. Some free ideas for you:

• Swap into a C8 Corvette to win the world record for slowest diesel vette.
  • Diesel powered go-kart
  • Diesel log splitter
  • Boat Anchor (Don *cough *cough)
  • Odd shaped end table
  • Win it for thrills

Full disclosure, the flywheel needs resurfaced.

The going price for these is all over the place. So let's value it at $150?

https://www.defendersource.com/threads/2-5na-for-sale-with-radiator-new-alt-and-timing-kit.58056/#post-586591

https://www.defendersource.com/threads/2-5na.156108/#post-1919729018

https://www.defendersource.com/threads/2-5na-12j.161030/#post-1919776788

image.png

image.png

#2 - A not leaky, perfectly functional, manual 110 steering box.

https://www.defendersource.com/threads/steering-box.14811/#post-119318

image.png

#3 - A 24V generator for your overlanding fridge. It bolts right up to the diesel engine... all the power for you! 

image.png

And lastly #4 - borrow the 20ft car trailer for a day*  - $150?

• 20ft trailer
  • Tilt bed
  • 7700lb capacity
  • 2 - 5/16 ball
  • Tractor and mower deck not included

image.png

A suggestion for the raffle would be to allow the first number picked to go and select first from the various items, then pick the second number out of the hat to select second and so on.  “Special items” or the big ticket prize would be separate from the rest.  This would help ensure that people have a better chance of winning something they can actually use.