Surprising...

but I've had two excellent experiences with LR San Jose... in a row! I've taken my D2 there for some prepaid maint. and a warranty item. Dealt with two separate service advisors - Nick and Chuck - and they were both great. Both times I also requested a loaner and the first time I got an '08 LR3 and the second time I got an '08 LR2 (nice little rig).

Just posting because my past experiences with LRSJ were not so good. Don't know whether they've made some changes or not, but I've been impressed. Of course, I have yet to receive an evaluation card in the mail. Suppose if I don't give them all 5's (which I would actually), the service may not be as good next time. Right, Phil?

I find myself going to Walnut Creek because is the nearest to my work. Jeff is another of those cool guys to talk to. Always accomodating, knowledgable and pleasent to deal with. Always good service and always first time fix on any problem so far.

I actually bought the LR3 from Freamont where I got a very good price, but their service department hasn't impresed me yet.

Must be nice. I am limited to only one dealer nearby, next closest is sac town. Service dept is not open on saturdays so for basic things like oil changes or dropping it off for warranty work requires time away from work. The last time I took it in. It was nice and clean, well they parked it under a tree and it was covered in bird crap when I went to go pick it up. They offered me a coupon to take it to a carwash but again thats more time away from my day. They dont offer loaners, only a discount on a rental. Been trying to get a hold of someone trying to get prices and info for an extended warranty, but so far the only answer I got was trade in my disco and buy a new one since they come with a warranty. Which I am kind of in a rat hole because when i bought the vehicle It was suppose to come with a extended warranty but I didnt read the fine print and the warranty was a dealer warranty and not a mfg warranty and I bought it from a dealer in Atlanta Georgia. I tried looking at 3rd party warranty companies but some of them seem pretty shady and the ones that look legit wont touch a Land Rover.

I tried looking at 3rd party warranty companies but some of them seem pretty shady and the ones that look legit wont touch a Land Rover.

A national broker, Warranty Direct, will cover LRs in CA, don't know about Nevada. Check them out (http://www.warrantydirect.com) - decent prices on extended warranties and the coverage seems to be equivalent to what LR assured offers. I'm gonna buy their "elite plus" for my DII pretty soon.

I actually met the whole sales and service team there and they seem like a good bunch. They are a club sponsor -- and have actually agreed to put up a brochure box next to the parts department as well as hand them out to prospective customers of theirs looking for the "offroad" experience in Rover ownership.

If you have some other dealerships you think would be interested in the same thing (I think Land Rover Fremont is already a sponsor of ours and we have that one covered) -- I will be in a position to give/mail to you a supply of the brochures plus a NCLR brochure box that could be hung on the parts deparment wall.

If they are an actual sponsor -- we can give them sponsor credit on the brochure we are handing out with a custom print job -- so you might talk to David about having them sign up as a Corporate Sponsor....I think the charge is something like $500 plus donating stuff to our annual auction...might be wrong there...

A national broker, Warranty Direct, will cover LRs in CA, don't know about Nevada. Check them out (http://www.warrantydirect.com) - decent prices on extended warranties and the coverage seems to be equivalent to what LR assured offers. I'm gonna buy their "elite plus" for my DII pretty soon.

I went online and spoke with them and they dont offer coverage for my Land Rover. Dont know if it's a Nevada thing.

I also called my local LR dealer and finally got someone. They stated that they are unable to sell me a service contract because I am not the original owner of the vehicle.

Yep, now that I think about it, the guy at Warranty Direct did say something about CA only. That blows.

Try these outfits - AUL (888-285-2567), Universal Dealers, PRCO and Western General. I've not contacted them myself, nor do I have more info that what I've listed, and I don't know if they're CA only, but they came recommended by my local indy shop as folks they've had good luck with when it came to getting authorization and approval for repairs.

"I find myself going to Walnut Creek because is the nearest to my work."

I will never step foot in Walnut Creek LR store! Over 5 years ago, they tried to pull a bait & switch on me & when I called the Service Manager about it, he claimed I was the one trying to scam them!

I don't care about how close they are when they stink like skunks~ and act like rats!

I've never had that experience in SJ (where I got it), RC (went there when they opened) and Fremont (very accommodating).

just my observations :)

Archived