Send help! The Classics are taking over my garage!

cnrotter

Well, now I am the proud owner of my second problem child, and not a moment too soon as I finally got my red 1990 sorted.

My neighbor down the street was basically giving away his '95 SWB. Got it at a price I couldn't refuse.

Fortunately it was a one owner well loved classic with lots of receipts and work done. CA truck with zero rust, Even the EAS suspension is still in place and working as advertised! (and an added bonus the A/C blows colder than any other car I own lol)

It does have its fair share of gremlins- the SRS light is on, so I need to spend some time diagnosing what that could be, as well as some other electrical gremlins like the auxiliary switch panel is completely dead (no fog-lights, front or rear defrost, interior dome light switch, or cruise control)

The last of her issues are the drivers power seat is dead but it is exhibiting signs of the seat control ECU being bad. The driver seat switches move the mirrors- a tell tale sign the battery leaked on the board and will need some attention.

If anyone has a parts '95 sitting around or happens to have a spare memory seat ECU for the '95 and would like to sell it please let me know!

Overall though, the truck drives great, better dare I say than my 1990 as far as road-handling is concerned.

Looking forward to cleaning this one up and making it a nice survivor. I'm almost confident enough to say it could become a decent Daily Driver! :D

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

Oh, I hate it when a nice RRC falls into my lap.  As a show of support, I'm willing to take that troublesome beast off your hands for a very modest fee.   :D

Now now, Don -- you're being far too generous.  I'm willing to take the burden myself so feel free to forget all about this post.  :lol:

Well, now I am the proud owner of my second problem child, and not a moment too soon as I finally got my red 1990 sorted.

My neighbor down the street was basically giving away his '95 SWB. Got it at a price I couldn't refuse.

Fortunately it was a one owner well loved classic with lots of receipts and work done. CA truck with zero rust, Even the EAS suspension is still in place and working as advertised! (and an added bonus the A/C blows colder than any other car I own lol)

It does have its fair share of gremlins- the SRS light is on, so I need to spend some time diagnosing what that could be, as well as some other electrical gremlins like the auxiliary switch panel is completely dead (no fog-lights, front or rear defrost, interior dome light switch, or cruise control)

The last of her issues are the drivers power seat is dead but it is exhibiting signs of the seat control ECU being bad. The driver seat switches move the mirrors- a tell tale sign the battery leaked on the board and will need some attention.

If anyone has a parts '95 sitting around or happens to have a spare memory seat ECU for the '95 and would like to sell it please let me know!

Overall though, the truck drives great, better dare I say than my 1990 as far as road-handling is concerned.

Looking forward to cleaning this one up and making it a nice survivor. I'm almost confident enough to say it could become a decent Daily Driver! :D

IMG_5978.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

Alex with British car service in Sacramento knows a company that rebuilds the seat ECUs. It was e consideration of mine until Don and I hot wired the controller...

Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex with British car service in Sacramento knows a company that rebuilds the seat ECUs. It was e consideration of mine until Don and I hot wired the controller...

Nicely done!

Thanks for the tip on the ECU rebuild!

I definitely have to look into temporarily hot-wiring the seat to at least lower it a bit cause right now it is stuck in a somewhat uncomfortable position for my stature!

Is this the right british car service shop you are referring to? https://www.britishcarserviceofsacramento.com

If it is I'll try giving him a call later today. 

Do any of you happen to have an SRS diagnostic tool so I can try to read the codes? I believe there is a connector under the steering wheel somewhere... but I am still trying to learn the '95 as it is so much different from the other classics. ugh

Thanks for the tip on the ECU rebuild!

I definitely have to look into temporarily hot-wiring the seat to at least lower it a bit cause right now it is stuck in a somewhat uncomfortable position for my stature!

Is this the right british car service shop you are referring to? https://www.britishcarserviceofsacramento.com

If it is I'll try giving him a call later today.

Do any of you happen to have an SRS diagnostic tool so I can try to read the codes? I believe there is a connector under the steering wheel somewhere... but I am still trying to learn the '95 as it is so much different from the other classics. ugh

That’s the place! Alex is great just like Colin, both club members.

But it’s a place back east that rebuilds them for Mercedes and it’s the same controller.

That’s the place! Alex is great just like Colin, both club members.

But it’s a place back east that rebuilds them for Mercedes and it’s the same controller.

Great news! Thanks,

I managed today to hotwire the harness to at least get the seat lowered so it is more pleasant to drive now! lol

Archived