NCLR Trip Stickers

LandRonB

David (Dbregman) has an excellent idea to have stickers made for participants going to the Oregon trip. Something to show for completing the trip.

Gary is considering David's idea and looking into stickers for folks who attended the NCLR Mojave trip last month.

I like the idea also and would like to issue some sort of sticker or badge for the NCLR troopers who attended the Shaver Lake Snow Trip 2008!

Josh's shared with me his idea (see sample); shouldn't be larger than 2x4 othewise our windows will mostly like run out of place/space in 3 yrs time.

Anyone know of a company we can use to make badge(s) - I have not looked into this and don't know the cost/what's involved?

As for stickers - I can ask David for his source.

I like the 1x2 sticker similar to the ones Land Rover Driving School Experience hands out to participants; needs to be weather proof; like the size to be consistent if we decide to have stickers made for each NCLR trip but would be nice to var of design (all black/white stickers IMO would be too bland to look it on your window).

And if you attended the Shaver Lake Snow trip this year, I'd like to know if you would be interested a sticker?

Badge or sticker? Or any other ideas?

Size 1x4, 2x4 or suggestions?

And how much would you be willing to pay for each sticker e.g. $2-3 for 1x2?

And for future NCLR trips (wanted to check interest), would you be interested in getting some sort of sticker or badge for making the trip e.g. Black Rock Nevada 2008?

Think challenge will be in the execution. We had 10 rigs run the Mojave trail I think. If 100% want stickers, that is only 10 stickers. Will somebody design and print a lot that small? If it can be done for $3, probably makes sense. But I'm not sure what true cost would be..

We've had some stuff printed at this place before - http://www.psprint.com/

Pricing seems fairly reasonable, but unfortunately the minimum quantity is 250 it seems (for stickers), but something to keep in mind for future needs.

Another site that I haven't checked out in too much detail is http://www.zazzle.com , but since it's more consumer-oriented they may be able to print low quantities.

I'll be interested in this discussion becuase it was a topic on the club stickers, that got shot down.

Sadly, those of us who can't make all the trips wont get stickers....or at least have earned them I guess.

Anyway, interested to see what the general membership decides to do...

Very nice sticker design! The NCLR Font looks odd to me for some reason, maybe it is to skinny, but I digress...

A small in size sticker would be my suggestion as after a while window space will become nil.

Sticker will need to be designed by the Trip Leader as we can't load down the Club with being forced to come up with a new design for every trip. Depending on cost, the Club might be able to pay for or subsidies the purchase, but I would not count on it.

we need to find a vendor willing to produce small custom batches

Badges would be nice if only we had a Club Leather Bomber Jacket :)

Stickers would work also

Small batch can be found, Joe Nosal made some for on his recent Baja trip

Couple of comments!

I would pay a lil bit more $5.00 for quality sticker(s)! $3-5 would be the sweep spot! That's about the going rate for custom stickers out there and some more. For example, I went to the Rubicon Trail clean-up last year and bought a $8.00 "Rubicon Trail" sticker to remember the trip and also for a good cause: http://www.rockytrail.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=49

"Think challenge will be in the execution"; true; then we turn up the notch w/brain storming for ideas/problem solving!

#1 First, need to find a vendor who would be willing to print smaller batch!

#2 Next, do we need to have the year/date on the sticker; could it be just NCLR Mojave w/our website around the sticker, and print the min req 250 (or whatever it is). Perhaps charge $5 x if 10 people or 100% wanted stickers (sample give).

Would $50 cover our initial cost full or partial, and the rest would be fund raiser $$ for the club. What would we do with left overs stickers:

- Subsequent club trips e.g. Mojave, Pismo, Shaver Lake; stickers would be readily avail from stock

- Some of us go thru new vehicles every 2-3 years - need new stickers!

- And perhaps guest who came along who didnt' drive but would like something to remember e.g. stickers are prospective buyers!

Just some thoughts!

Think challenge will be in the execution. We had 10 rigs run the Mojave trail I think. If 100% want stickers, that is only 10 stickers. Will somebody design and print a lot that small? If it can be done for $3, probably makes sense. But I'm not sure what true cost would be..

Looks like $50 will get us 50 stickers (2" x 3" oval)..if we send them an uploadable file.

If we sold 10 x $5 each, we would recover cost. If we sold all 50, it would be $200 profit to the club.

Question is what template we should use, and how easy it is for someone on the trip to design the sticker.

I could see stickers for:

Mojave Trail

Rubicon

Dusy

Gold Lake

Defense Mine (ok so it is an RR8 thing but I still think sticker would be cool).

if we bought 50, sell em for $5 each to past and future club runs it would be a good fundraiser. Just need to make sure we don't give them away.....

Just need to mind we don't end up with too much inventory...also, since 2x3 is smallest this place does, maybe it is a little too big? Wonder if they or someplace else could do em smaller..

Just had an idea. I was struggling with the template sizes and thought of something;

-Common sticker shapes are inexpensive.

-Custom shape templates are expensive.

-Oval, Round, Square and Rectangle stickers are ascetically boring.

Perhaps we can use standard common templates and then have someone personally cut out the design. Most our trips have less than 20 people on them...tediously cutting out 20 stickers wouldn't take more than an hour for one person.

Here's my suggestion: clean and simple; trip specific. No need to say Land Rover on it since it's NCLR after all. Not perfect, but I'm trying to think ahead after a ton of trips when I have a ton of trip stickers, how will they all look next to each other. I'd like to stay away from a ton of rectangles and ovals....I've got close to 8 on the truck already, all the exact size (identical template)...drives me nuts.

Left; logo, center; test, right; possible cut:

I guess this now brings us to the question of stocking/paying and recouping expenses if these are to be club sponsored stickers....

I still think we need to come up with something catchy and sell decals too.

Anyone going to design a coffin shaped one for the "MORG"....no dates obviously.

I think that would be a mistake Mike to have the "Club" deal with this. Trip stickers should be done by the Trip leader and or the attendee's, not the club. The Club would only reimburse if approved.

x2. I love the idea of the trip stickers and I think the designs so far have been great. I don't think however, that the club should pay for or subsidize them. There are some members of the club that will make very few trips (if any at all) and might not like the idea of their club dues going to buying stickers for other trucks. Ideally, this could be a fundraiser for the club, not a fund spender.

I think I see a direction here. I will need to add this to the 2nd Qtr. BOD meeting. As we now will have to look at the logistics of "Private fund raising" for the club.

If the Trip leader makes the stickers, they are sold thru the website and shipped, it will be an issue of payment to the Trip leader, shipping costs etc.

I have no problem with that, more things in our store is cool, or if the trip leader wants it to be only attendee's get the stickers, then that becomes a non website issue.

Just wanting to see the discussion go on....

Shouldn't stickers for specific trips not be available to the general membership, only those who attended? I don't see using the web store for this.

If we come up with other generic stickers, then the web store is the logical place to sell them.

don't foget about the paypal fee we are charged for each transaction.

I like the idea of stickers as a fundraiser for the club, distributed at the event. I think the first trip leader could order up, say 50, and then divide the cost of the stickers by the number of people on the trip -- charging a mandatory "trip fee" to cover cost of stickers, campground fees, communal food/fees, etc (ie the $50 permit fee we paid for Mojave) . Then the extra stickers could be distributed at subsequent events and charged for in the second year as a fund raiser.

I do think we want to make sure club isn't subsidizing costs associated with stickers, etc through general membership fees. I think they should be paid for out of fees paid by the run participants..

I posted his on Shaver Lake thread and am copying it over to here.

I totally agree with Josh about the "Badge" stickers (I dig your concept for the Shaver Lake '08 trip). I discussed this "badge/ribbon" sticker idea with Dave B. at the end of the WFA weekend. If we could get the badges in a curved shape (to match the bottom edge of the coming NCLR oval stickers, then people could add them as they participated in events. People would have a record of their adventures/events and not fill their windows so quickly. Dave suggested a sticker or badge for the WFA '08 course, which I would totally buy. Just my $0.02.

Chris D.

Mudy_Ovl

'95 DI

P.S. I think a minimal trip fee to cover the cost of an event sticker would be well received. If people wanted T-shirts then that could be addressed after the event.

When in Moab, they were selling stickers that said...

"I busted at"

and then you could buy a curved oval trail name sticker to put underneath as well. If we could figure out a source for those curved oval name stickerst that wasn't too expensive...

don't foget about the paypal fee we are charged for each transaction.

I like the idea of stickers as a fundraiser for the club, distributed at the event. I think the first trip leader could order up, say 50, and then divide the cost of the stickers by the number of people on the trip -- charging a mandatory "trip fee" to cover cost of stickers, campground fees, communal food/fees, etc (ie the $50 permit fee we paid for Mojave) . Then the extra stickers could be distributed at subsequent events and charged for in the second year as a fund raiser.

I do think we want to make sure club isn't subsidizing costs associated with stickers, etc through general membership fees. I think they should be paid for out of fees paid by the run participants..

yes I agree

Archived