I have never posted here to show you my Rover...

astateofmike

So here it is. As of today. With a little drive from the Columbia River Gorge area to home today I bring home the new project to work on with my kids as the RRC was built-up for them.

Why I missed DV today.

Its only time, money, dedication, and love...and so it begins.

post-409-0-38010900-1531639167_thumb.jpg

Bought by a friend in the Portland area from Ships in Portland and moved to WA. It was to be a frame off as he wanted v8 and coils etc. But life interjected and he didnt start. I was lucky enough to be in the position to bring it home. Now to see what I can do. Plans are for comfort, rust repair, safety, abdfor mechanical and then other than a wash, leave the outside alone. Its a lovely rover.

This is really cool Mike!

I have a dream/plan to do a resto-mod inspired by Timm Cooper's build on one of these as well!!

Something about seeing a 5door rover on 40s perks my interest!! 

I'm looking forward to watching the evolution of this one...hopefully there's a build thread in the works?

Thankfully...my father in law (pictured) has an MGA in his garage for 50 years.  I have actually never seen it on tires.  And my brother in laws both have MGA's with one starting a project from worse than this and converting to RHD and supercharged.  So, I have lots of people with similar experiences to help me through the tough spots.

I guess I can start the build thread.  I thought I should document and post in spurts as it will be slow right now, with my yard all torn up, worried about the soon to be coming winter (and rain) and just the sheer magnitude of the purchase/dream/project I am just trying to grasp it all.

I am going to start with some primer, some brass brushes, and some penetrating oil.  Need to find out what has to go, what can stay, what I need etc..and get a replacement back window in place (have it) so I can keep the elements out.  

The Go Fund Me page is most important...."Help a middle age man with kids NOT go broke trying to make a dream happen"......

post-409-0-37129600-1531761347_thumb.jpg

Archived