"overland" as seen on TV

I've nearly given up on the show since Ian left, but XOR (was Xtreme Offroad) has been doing an 'overland' build.

It's a Scout with an LS swap on 37s.  I forget what axles it has.

It's a pretty cool truck.  

But it has no windows, no roof, not even a soft top.  It does have a full cage, and they put a Smittybuilt roof basket on top with an ARB RTT.  And as everybody knows, RTT=overland.

Like I said, it's actually a pretty cool truck.  But somehow I don't see them jumping in it and knocking down 1000 mile trips without any sort of weather protection.

Heck, at least I have a soft top!

I've nearly given up on the show since Ian left, but XOR (was Xtreme Offroad) has been doing an 'overland' build.

It's a Scout with an LS swap on 37s. I forget what axles it has.

It's a pretty cool truck.

But it has no windows, no roof, not even a soft top. It does have a full cage, and they put a Smittybuilt roof basket on top with an ARB RTT. And as everybody knows, RTT=overland.

Like I said, it's actually a pretty cool truck. But somehow I don't see them jumping in it and knocking down 1000 mile trips without any sort of weather protection.

Heck, at least I have a soft top!

Sounds more like a crawler than an overland rig, besides the tiny house on top of the basket of course. XOR was a cool show. I have a few seasons on my iTunes, but haven’t seen it in a while. Bummer Ian is off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've nearly given up on the show since Ian left, 

Ran into him at this years KOH, he was announcer for the Shoot-out. Got to speak to him and it turns out it was not his decision to depart. 14 years on the job.

Like you Don, he was the reason I watched, great skills and a cool guy.

Today their builds are too "one calorie" for my tastes.

Archived