Meeting of Members Caravan Details (South Bay heading North)

Alright... here is the caravan detail:

For those in South Bay (San Jose, Santa Clara), let's plan to meet at the 76 gas station on W. Calaveras and Abbotts leave at 7AM. 

We'll make our way north on 680, making a stop to pick up those in North Bay (SF, Berkeley, Oakland, Walnut Creek, etc.) at the Starbucks at 4490 Central Way in Fairfield, and leave here around 8:15.

We will continue on 80 to British Car Service for this year's MoM.... arriving around 9:15. 

Full Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ZDhPVA6HyiS2

Action Required: To avoid leaving folks behind, or waiting for no one to show up... please reply to thread with location you will pick up the caravan. So we know to expect you at these stops. 

We'll be monitoring on HAM freq 146.460

Thanks!

And seems we like lists, i'll put one here for the Caravan:

• 76 Gas station: RedRover, MrBlueSky, Lithium1330
  • 680 & Alcosta: astateofmike
  • Starbucks Fairfield: foster

Missing location: DiscoDavis

I would join you all, but my truck will be too slow.

Mike, come join us... bc unless your truck has less than 67hp when it rolled off assembly line, you will not have the slowest truck. 

Mr.BlueSky will be caravaning with his ExMoD 110... which has < 67HP. :)  He can cruise along at 65 on flat land. 

Someone do the math. If you leave at 7 am when will you make San Ramon at Alcosta? I only get 125 per tank so i will fuel up and sit on the onramp waiting for radio chatter and fall in line. But give me an eta so I can get my coffee.

Here is the approx route per google map: https://goo.gl/maps/ZDhPVA6HyiS2

Attached picture shows approx time at meeting points.

@Mike, from 76 gas station to Alcosta & 680 (at Exit 70, St. Philip Church exit) should take about 25-30mins. So, around 7:30? 

How about we txt you when we depart 76, you can start 25-30min count down. We'll try to remember to radio out to you at the 580-680 interchange. PM me & Jared your # to send you the text.

@Connor, where will you be joining us on the caravan. 

post-999-0-14998200-1523600645_thumb.png

Someone do the math. If you leave at 7 am when will you make San Ramon at Alcosta? I only get 125 per tank so i will fuel up and sit on the onramp waiting for radio chatter and fall in line. But give me an eta so I can get my coffee.

You only get 125 miles per tank?  Hmmmmmm......this does not seem right.  20 gallon tank...125 miles - 6.25 mpg?  I know you're truck isn't heavily modified, I'd expect you to bring more like 15 mpg if you're not driving it hard.

Well, I get about 9-10 mpg but I don't do a lot of freeway driving.  I had the exhaust redone and I get (cue Jeremy Clarkson in 3, 2 , 1....)  more power and noise, but not better mpg.  

I do have new O2 sensors to install as I don't know how long they have been in there and if they had been damaged by the plugged cats, but then I found out that the wires have been hacked and got some original plug connectors from Roverdude...and I have to find them and get to that project.  Behind the engine for a guy my size is not an easy task.  And then I snapped the parking cable, so I am waiting for that to come in from Roverware so I can make a day of it.

I don't drive it a ton, so when I used to take longer freeway trips I would get 17 mpg at 70 mph and I have changed from mud to AT tires.  I think the sensors will help send better info when they get in as the truck runs great.

I really want to do the Mojave Road once.  Been trying to do this for years.  And I want to go on some other trails too.  So I am trying to work out all the little things to make mpg liveable etc.  

I don't normally carry extra fuel, but should and run myself dry.  The new instrument cluster (with less than 30k) works well, but even with a working speedo I am still not trusting of the fuel gauge.  I hope Sunday will give me a nice long cruise and I can see how my mileage looks.

You know my Rover, it's not easy being green.

Ok i will try.

That's the spirit!

Theresa and I will meet you guys at 76. 

Cruising Speed: N/A no cruise control  :P

Sustained top speed: 55-60 depending on windspeed and direction.

Cruising Speed: N/A no cruise control  :P

Sustained top speed: 55-60 depending on windspeed and direction.

Oh, in that case 1. I can keep up and 2.  745am.  Got it.   :D

Archived