deRanged Rover

DHappel

Ha!  Some Rover love in the mainstream!  Peterson 4Wheel and OffRoad is building a Cummins powered '89 RRC for the 2018 Ultimate Adventure!

They just announced it.  Plan is 38" tires on 17" wheels, Cummins 2.8 crate motor, 5-speed trans, Dana ultimate 60 axles.

Should be fun to watch, and great to see Rovers in 'normal' press.

Well, link didn't work.  The reveal video is on their bookface page.  You know I'm intersted if I actually view something on bookface - I usually avoid that place like the plague. 

(crap...I've gone to both Walmart and facebook in the same week.  The world may end!) 

Well, link didn't work. The reveal video is on their bookface page. You know I'm intersted if I actually view something on bookface - I usually avoid that place like the plague.

(crap...I've gone to both Walmart and facebook in the same week. The world may end!)

probably all my fault...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see the "unique" Ways they modify it Yee haar!  King Shocks & lots of Heim joints With Dana 60's blaah! blaaH!  haah Haah!  Hey @ least they are starting to acknowledge the brand.   somebody else out there in Jeepland is modding a D2 the same way also with the $10K 2.8 Cummins.

I think supporting the brand building to suit hard core off roading is huge!!

Garner's street credit, which can help with after market support...that helps everyone!

Selfishly I have been speaking of this for a few years and stoked to see it come through.

I mentioned this many months ago on Instagram and had "dirt head Dave" comment back that I must be a foreshadower of sorts... just wish I was attending!

38s and keeping it low on suspension so lots of droop one would speculate.

Really interested to see how these axles all work with the transfer case...

Like to learn some options as one day I’d like to build something similar on junkyard one tons. But a pre 1975 do smog isn’t a problem.

• 1 month later...

Archived