A new Land Rover is coming. This one is compact and rugged.

RedRover

Just came across this article about a new Land Rover...phone.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/22/land-rover-explore-bullitt-rugged-smartphone/

Land Rover Explore

cat1.jpg dims-1.jpeg dims.jpeg

...and if you read the article, you find out this isn't their first go-round on a phone.  Here's the list of others I could find.  Some of these are real winners.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  B)

Favorite quote:  "It might be the first car-branded phone that isn't terrible."

Land Rover S1

sonim-land-rover-s1-big.jpg 414QU7gK0hL.jpg

Land Rover S2

sonim-xp5300-land-rover-s2.jpg

Land Rover S8 (not sure what happened to the S3 - S7...)

SKU019224.jpg 1347792224.jpg

Land Rover A8 (they got tired of S?)

telefon-militar-land-rover-a8.jpg s-l300.jpg

Land Rover A9

14225872810.jpg

Know of any others?

Well, at least we know this Land Rover won’t leak oil or coolant. That’s he good news.

Bad news is... high probability of the following still remain:

Just about any electrical issue: won’t start, batt drain when not running, batt drain when running, functions that just stop working without reason, then only to start working again without any changes. And overheating. :D

Well, at least we know this Land Rover won’t leak oil or coolant. That’s he good news.

Bad news is... high probability of the following still remain:

Just about any electrical issue: won’t start, batt drain when not running, batt drain when running, functions that just stop working without reason, then only to start working again without any changes. And overheating. :D

Wow, you called it:

lucasphone.png

If this is what the members of a Land Rover club think, who the hell are they going to sell this thing to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Range Rover driving soccer moms would be my guess.  Or wait - soccer dads who want to be rugged individualists.  You know, so long as it doesn't mean driving off road or doing anything actually rugged beyond hiring a day-laborer to clean up the yard after a wind storm.

Wtf?! I just googled that car and... wtf?! That is about as shameless as it gets. Wow

If you think that was interesting... get ready for your mind blown...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-chinese-range-rover-evoque-copycat-crashed-embarrassingly-into-the-real-thing/

You couldn't make it up. The Landwind X7; a cheap Chinese knock-off of the Range Rover Evoque, has driven into the side of the real deal in a Chinese city - and the bruised pair are even the same colour

There is also a copy of the Porsche Macan in China. 

Wtf?! I just googled that car and... wtf?! That is about as shameless as it gets. Wow

I'm guessing it's just a cultural thing...they do tons of this stuff

If you think that was interesting... get ready for your mind blown...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/this-chinese-range-rover-evoque-copycat-crashed-embarrassingly-into-the-real-thing/

You couldn't make it up. The Landwind X7; a cheap Chinese knock-off of the Range Rover Evoque, has driven into the side of the real deal in a Chinese city - and the bruised pair are even the same colour

There is also a copy of the Porsche Macan in China.

Archived