Disco SVX teaser

DHappel

Looks like LR is at least trying to find some of the old magic.  You'll still see no wheel travel and low profile tires, but it's a start.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-2018-land-rover-discovery-svx-is-making-basic-bitch-1803762682

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-land-rover-discovery-svx-photos-and-info-news

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-land-rover-discovery-svx-is-an-all-terrain-monster-with-v8-power/

It's funny how the road-car magazines talk about 'massive' tires (31") and how the orange accents are a call out to the 'hardy' G4 Discos (G4 being an afternoon play date compared to Camel Trophy)

• 2 weeks later...

How about this:

Keep the blown V8 (fun, but not needed at all off-road and $$$)

give me smaller wheels and bigger tires

ditch the rear winch, add skids, sliders, bumpers and a front winch.

keep the improved terrain response and the pistol grip shifter

Loose all the does-nothing-but-add-weight-and complexity tech like app-adjustable power seats.  In fact, ditch the 3rd row all together and give me more storage.

Now THAT would be an off-road Disco.

How about this:

Loose all the does-nothing-but-add-weight-and complexity tech like app-adjustable power seats.  In fact, ditch the 3rd row all together and give me more storage.

While I'm with you, I kinda start thinking just a "bigger newer defender" would be the better option. I would like to see the ability to remove the 3rd row for storage, but allow that for the end-user to do. I'd frankly be more happy with just bigger wheel wells for so me heavier meats. 

I was with you up to losing the power folding seats. Keep those and the 3rd row, and it's perfect.

Edit, and actually, ditch the blower. Lots of fun, but it will never be fast so keep it reliable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I could see it being nice in high elevation stuff. Maybe just offer a lower boost? Maybe concentrate more on cooling and oiling instead of power? I dunno. 

How about this:

Loose all the does-nothing-but-add-weight-and complexity tech like app-adjustable power seats. In fact, ditch the 3rd row all together and give me more storage.

You have it my fine sir in big red... until they release a straight axle setup again what do you gain over the older ones besides creature comforts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived