Any paint shop recommendations?

Haven't seen him around in a while, but Rum_Ham worked at a body shop in the north bay. 

I don't know how bad your particular truck is, but good detailers can work wonders and that will be much better in the long run than a respray.

Haven't seen him around in a while, but Rum_Ham worked at a body shop in the north bay. 

I don't know how bad your particular truck is, but good detailers can work wonders and that will be much better in the long run than a respray.

Thanks, Chad. Perhaps I'll try a good detail first. I'll update the thread with a couple photos when I get home

Oh... Yeah, nevermind, you'll need a body shop. That's way past what I was imagining.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The garage lighting is hitting it in a way that makes it look way worse, but yeah, it’s pretty far gone

Of course I could always put the respray money towards a rack... out of sight, out of mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The garage lighting is hitting it in a way that makes it look way worse, but yeah, it’s pretty far gone

Of course I could always put the respray money towards a rack... out of sight, out of mind!

That's actually what I'm doing with my Sport. Clear on the hood is just starting to fade, so I'm having a detailer do a good cut and polish. On the roof it's past that point so I'm doing a grey vinyl wrap and tossing the rack on it.

Was it previously not garaged? Ours shows no sign of aging yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I feel like I see this to varying degrees on darker-colored vehicles... is it something to do with the amount of UV/heat absorption that cooks the paint and creates a breakdown of the clear?

I don't claim to understand paint application, simply an observation.  Of course, it's probably also far more visible on darker paint, so who knows.

We’ve had it 6 months now. Dealer did a real good wax job because I didn’t notice any issues when purchasing. Was a 1 owner vehicle with 37k miles from LA area. My guess is that it was not garaged by previous owner based on this condition.

Not going to lie, it’s driving me a bit crazy!

I feel like I see this to varying degrees on darker-colored vehicles... is it something to do with the amount of UV/heat absorption that cooks the paint and creates a breakdown of the clear?

I don't claim to understand paint application, simply an observation. Of course, it's probably also far more visible on darker paint, so who knows.

No idea, but it also has a lot to do with the quality the manufacturer puts into it. There are plenty of other brands, especially the Germans, where paint last quite a bit longer than the Rovers seem to do. And most of my many German cars have been dark colors.

Archived