Thinking of buying a roof top tent, awning or ground tent?

Teds

Thinking of buying a roof top tent, awning or ground tent similar to an Oz tent? Don't purchase one yet!

Nick and I are starting up a business selling tents and awnings for the overlanding crowd. We have enjoyed our roof top tents, but wanted to make improvements based on our overlanding experiences. This desire has morphed into a business project focusing on roof top tents, awnings, and quick set-up ground tents similar to an Oz tent. We are making some design changes and improvements to the tents to make overlanding comfortable and convenient. We were impressed with the quality of the first batch of tents and are moving forward with the business.

Roof top tents offer a lot of benefits including getting off the ground away from critters, foam mattress, quick set-up, storing sleeping gear inside and very convenient with overlanding.

A few gripes from tents we have owned, include thin mattresses, tent cover difficult to zip, limited storage room when closed, ladders hurting feet, overall weight, pesky spring rod set-up.

Some of our improvements:

• higher density foam mattress (3 inches vs 2.5 inches)
  • taller cover to ease installation and allow more storage of gear inside the tent
  • cover to allow ladder extension to fit
  • completely new tent design to allow open space at the front and back of the tent not requiring spring rods for side windows
  • taller sliding ladder (telescoping ladder hurts feet and is finicky)
  • improved air flow
  • extra long roof top tent allowing a 6 footer to sleep sideways
  • cover straps with double d-rings that are more secure

We will be offering 3 different tents in 2 sizes. One design will be new to the market and allow ample airflow without requiring side spring rods that are difficult to install and will be available in 1.4 meters (56 inches) or 2 meter (78 inches). The other style will be similar to other tents on the market including skylights and an overhang where an annex can be installed.

We will also be offering 2 sizes of quick set-up ground tents that are similar in style to an Oz tent but with an improved rain fly. Tents will come in 2 meters and 2.5 meter lengths.

For awnings, we will be offering a foxwing type awning that rotates 270 degrees and includes rigid poles under the canvas that the current foxwing awning does not have. This improves rigidity of the awning and does not require the canvas to be staked to the ground. Sizes include 2 meter and 2.5 meter lengths and walls can be attached to create a full enclosure around the awning. We will also offer a simple square awning in 1.4 meter (56 in), 2 meter (78 in) and 2.5 meter (98 in) length.

We are still kicking things off, but are excited about the products and quality of the tents and awnings. Progress has started on our first order and should arrive by May. We will be offering products at a reasonable price but are not willing to compromise on quality.

Of course, we plan to give a discount to NCLR members and are confident you will enjoy our products.

Check out a few pics of the test batch at OverlandPros.com but remember, the colors and styles will be different and improved.

If you are interested in pre-ordering a roof top tent, ground tent or awning, please pm me (TEDS) or Nick (NDAMICO) for a substantial discount before they arrive in May and more details. You won't be disappointed.

PMs responded to. Hopefully we made a few sales already! Take advantage of our pre-order pricing before the shipment arrives. In addition, we have a few sample tents for sale if you are interested.

Posted a few more pics of the tents on Overland Pros.com. The main difference will be colors as we are going to gray tent with light gray fly on the Anza style and a dark green for the Mojave style that has an overhang. Ground tents and awnings will be gray as well.

We are also getting a few samples of 12v fridges when the tents arrive, both single zone and dual freezer/fridge stainless similar to a National Luna. We will be evaluating them testing draw, capacity and pushing their limits in the field before selling to the public.

• 3 months later...

Container has landed in Oakland! We are excited as the products should be in Sacramento next week and we can start shipping soon. Our pre-shipment pricing is ending in a week, so please let me know if you are interested. We will honor any inquiry up to next week, you dont have to pay now. Our 270 degree awnings are selling well!

Once here, we will be posting new pictures, videos walk through some and customer testimonials. The new colors of the awnings and Anza roof top tents are gray and the Mojave Explorer with the overhang is a dark green.

Container has landed in Oakland! We are excited as the products should be in Sacramento next week and we can start shipping soon. Our pre-shipment pricing is ending in a week, so please let me know if you are interested. We will honor any inquiry up to next week, you dont have to pay now. Our 270 degree awnings are selling well!

Once here, we will be posting new pictures, videos walk through some and customer testimonials. The new colors of the awnings and Anza roof top tents are gray and the Mojave Explorer with the overhang is a dark green.

I'll take an awning, Saw it in person and knew I had to have one

Awesome! The awnings are great and I can set it up solo, but with 2 people it is quite easy. Please contact me or Nick directly and we can coordinate.

We plan on putting up some videos soon to show how they are set-up and broken down. 

We also have 'square' awnings if someone doesn't like the 270 degree awnings,  but they aren't on the website yet.

You can see some posts of the new tents on our instagram page, OverlandPros.

@gurka, I think you are coordinating with Nick. Please let us know in advance which size awning you are interested in, as the warehouse is not close to where either of us live.

Archived