New addition to the family

nengelbrecht6

Now that's a good looking driveway! (No, the LR3 isn't leaking. It's where the basketball hoop was until I moved it.)

Many thank to Dave (@Rum_Ham) and Don (@DHappel) for the assistance in checking these out ahead of me taking a ride up.

Needs a little work but ran great coming home.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/nengelbrecht6/C95D5FE5-B55B-4A88-B46B-3B1053DD3437_zpsuybzimsg.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/nengelbrecht6/C13EAA43-64B5-4106-82A6-B5D347977A25_zps1sc5wtvn.jpg

Productive evening. This truck somehow leaked worse than the 110! Only difference is that with carpet and padding in the LR3, the water gets soaked up and stays put. At least in the 110, it finds a way out of the cab.

Anyways, figured out the source of the leak in the tailgate area was due to the lower tailgate latches not locking the tailgate fully shut. The only thing that was keeping it from falling down was the upper tailgate. That just took a bit of disassembly and a bit of cleaning. Lots of gunk in there that is now cleaned out and the latches function as they should. Hopefully that solves the rear leak.

As for the front, the driver's side had standing water in the floor. Passenger side was damp, but not nearly as bad as the driver's side. Took apart the kick panels and found the culprit. Both sides, the rubber elbows for the sunroof drains had rotted and the drain path was now via the kick panels onto the floor. Now to fix those...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/nengelbrecht6/2B7ED83E-08CE-45A5-A611-BAE003A5F075_zps4mmqy4gh.jpg

Unfortunately, not going to make it to Don's today. I got a one-day pass this weekend and I used it yesterday. Today is family time...some things to do this morning and then taking them to SJ Barracuda game tonight.

You have a perfect candidate for a wrap or plasidip the whole truck! Pinsriping will help with prepping the body. Hopefully, the mechanicals aren't as neglected as the body.

Btw, what matte green paint do u have on he d110? The lr3 would looks great in that!

You have a perfect candidate for a wrap or plasidip the whole truck! Pinsriping will help with prepping the body. Hopefully, the mechanicals aren't as neglected as the body.

Btw, what matte green paint do u have on he d110? The lr3 would looks great in that!

It's NATO Green on the 110 and it was rolled on by me in my driveway. Came out pretty nice and it works for that kind of truck.

Mechanically, the LR3 is sound. All of the work is cosmetics (and water proofing :) ). Surprisingly with close to 200,000 miles, it runs really well. It's been properly looked after.

Generally speaking the LR3 platform is pretty mechanically sound.  Most issues are electronic it seems.  And since this truck is stock you can assume it's had a fairly easy life of soccer duty and mall hauling, so the drivelines should be happy.  

Definitely need to fix those drains though - there are wire bundles in the sills that can get soaked and freak out the computers if the corrode.  While you're at it, make sure the end of the hose isn't stuck closed.  They are known for that, causing water to back up and leak.

Generally speaking the LR3 platform is pretty mechanically sound.  Most issues are electronic it seems.  And since this truck is stock you can assume it's had a fairly easy life of soccer duty and mall hauling, so the drivelines should be happy.  

Definitely need to fix those drains though - there are wire bundles in the sills that can get soaked and freak out the computers if the corrode.  While you're at it, make sure the end of the hose isn't stuck closed.  They are known for that, causing water to back up and leak.

Don, ends weren't blocked. They just weren't there! Had rotted off so the drains went straight to the foot wells. I've fixed them and all is well.

I've got 4 kids...stickers I can do....wait, probably don't want the truck covered in My Little Pony and Lego stickers....

I'll have to see if somewhere sells the "Golden Sparrow" starter pack...

Oh, you should totally do My Little Pony!

• 1 month later...

I've got 4 kids...stickers I can do....wait, probably don't want the truck covered in My Little Pony and Lego stickers....

I'll have to see if somewhere sells the "Golden Sparrow" starter pack...

I do have some team stickers if you'd like one... :)

Also looking at an awesome Captain Sparrow sticker....but it hasn't arrived yet.  

What's a Captain Sparrow?  

I'd google it, but I'm afraid of what might come back and I don't want that sort of thing in my browser history.   ;)

Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.  I'm pretty sure my Land Rover is drunk must of the time...  

Archived