'95 D90 SW

73scout

Picked this up in July before moving to San Francisco. Always been a car enthusiast but this is my first Land Rover. It is in great condition. Looking to keep it stock but replace/upgrade the things that are prone to fail. 36k original miles. Always welcome tips/thoughts on best bang for buck upgrades. I want to do the little things first like bolt and hinge upgrades, oil and power steering lines, etc..

post-1038-0-76079300-1482422523_thumb.jpg

post-1038-0-77281600-1482422565_thumb.jpg

post-1038-0-88337000-1482422589_thumb.jpg

post-1038-0-52184200-1482422641_thumb.jpg

post-1038-0-56647300-1482422732_thumb.jpg

post-1038-0-66206800-1482422758_thumb.jpeg

Good to see you made it here, Graham. Welcome. 

I replaced the oil cooler lines earlier this year - it's a 1/2 day DIY if you're up for it. You can go aftermarket as Robb suggested, or I used OEM and wrapped them in flame-retardant sleeves.  

And of course, refresh the fluid for brakes, TC, F&R diffs. At the very least, check to make sure they're in good condition and full. Grease the u-joints. Check condition of belt(s) - not sure about '95's. 

I ordered stainless bolts from Nathan @ Series Defender... but haven't installed them yet. Add that to my long list of to-do's (winch, spare carrier, etc.)

36k miles is incredibly low for a 22yo truck.

I have 145k on my '97. 

Hope to see you at the next gtg. 

Good to see you made it here, Graham. Welcome. 

I replaced the oil cooler lines earlier this year - it's a 1/2 day DIY if you're up for it. You can go aftermarket as Robb suggested, or I used OEM and wrapped them in flame-retardant sleeves.  

And of course, refresh the fluid for brakes, TC, F&R diffs. At the very least, check to make sure they're in good condition and full. Grease the u-joints. Check condition of belt(s) - not sure about '95's. 

I ordered stainless bolts from Nathan @ Series Defender... but haven't installed them yet. Add that to my long list of to-do's (winch, spare carrier, etc.)

36k miles is incredibly low for a 22yo truck.

I have 145k on my '97. 

Hope to see you at the next gtg. 

Thanks Chris. How about stainless hinges? Have you found anywhere that sells them in the factory color? I've only found them bare and you have to paint them..

i have not found door hinges in factory color. So, you have to find shop to paint.

I know of 3 hinge types on the market:

1) factory - the problem is that they're metal on metal at the hinge... so, paint rubs off over time and they start to look crappy. Not SS from what i gathered. 

2) factory with a plastic shim at hinge, to solve the said metal on metal rub issue. Also not SS 

3) CNC aluminum hinges made by a guy in Slovakia (pic) - found this on a Defender FB group. Trying to get more info. ~$100 Euro for D90. 

post-999-0-72851800-1482436088_thumb.jpg

i have not found door hinges in factory color. So, you have to find shop to paint.

I know of 3 hinge types on the market:

1) factory - the problem is that they're metal on metal at the hinge... so, paint rubs off over time and they start to look crappy. Not SS from what i gathered. 

2) factory with a plastic shim at hinge, to solve the said metal on metal rub issue. Also not SS 

3) CNC aluminum hinges made by a guy in Slovakia (pic) - found this on a Defender FB group. Trying to get more info. ~$100 Euro for D90. 

welcome graham.

i need to redo my hinges too.

Nice...I'd tell you stock is just a starting point and mods are where it's at, but then again my school of thought tends to cost a lot of money AND drive the resale of the vehicle down...  :)

Archived