• Fat Tyre
    • Lagunitas IPA
    • New Belgium Blue Paddle
    • NEW CASTLE ON TAP!!
    • Pyramid Heffenweizen
    • Fosters
    • Dos Equis
    • Other

So I was finally able to track down a t-case shifter from an '04 D2. It was $275 with free shipping and I even got the placard with it too. Still deciding if this is something I want to try and tackle myself or have Tony install it for me. I've seen a write-up on the process so I have a good idea of what's involved but still unsure. Has anyone here installed it themselves or do you have any tips Tony? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats gonna be your favorite upgrade. I had Tony and Frank's shop do it for me so can't give you any real advice. It looked like one of those jobs that involved cutting things that if I messed up might cost more to fix my screwup than pay to have it done right...but I am not very mechanical..

Me and the little guy did replace the alternator though!

Call Tony and get a quote on the time.

I did mine myself and it took most of a day at a leisurely pace. You have to take apart the whole console and do some cutting if I remember. It is nothing a home mechanic can't handle if you put your mind to it. It is not a job for the mechanically challenged person though as it is not just a straight bolt on deal.

Worst case if you get into it and need help you can just drive the truck to Tony with it in pieces and have them finish it for you...

At least Tony doesn't heckle you to your face. We'll he does me, cause we are friends, so I have increased my shadetree mechanic skills to combat that.....

If I am going to get a chuckle, I want the issue to be Ringling Brothers huge! Like "I was trying to change brake pads" and I bring in the truck without the axles.....it just was a little issue....ehehehehe

Hi Guys,

Everything as Gary said.. Removal of consule assembly of course

and does require modification of diff lock cover plate.

For a highly detailed explanation I would have to defer to Frank as

he is the skill behind the Tony.. :D

Total time from us 4 hours in and out.

Thanks for the replies. I'll mull over this during the weekend, and talk to my friend Chris. He helped me replace the driveshaft and install the lift. Tomorrow we may get the RTE sliders put on RovrFlo as well, but that depends if we can get access to his friend's auto shop garage.

• 6 months later...
i'm bringing two bottles of scotch - one to auction off to benefit the club and the other to drink immediately... er...since I already opened it...

That's why Rover's are automatic for the US market, one hand to hold the scotch and onehand to spread the Grey Poupon... What bottles are they? Say Lagavullin and you'll have an unwanted house guest!

Eric, Thanks for starting the poll- Let's add a few more to the list:

Gordon Biersch

Fat Tyre

Lagunitas IPA

New Belgium Blue Paddle

Pyramid Heffenweizen

Fosters

and My Favorite

NEW CASTLE ON TAP!!

LET'S HEAR IT FROM THE MEMBERSHIP:D

Archived