trips and events for '17 - - - what do you want?

As 2016 nears it's end, it's time to start thinking about 2017 and I'm looking for input from you, the members, about what sort of trips and events you'd like to see.

Consider some of the outings we've done this year:

One-day trips ranging from easy to challenging on trails from Corral Hollow to Signal Peak to Slick Rock and Dear Valley

Multi-day challenging trips to the Rubicon

Longer overlanding trips like the Sierra run, Baja, and Mojave Road

Weekend camping trips to Mendocino NF, Bowman Lake, and WRL

Day outings w/o trail time like the corn maze and Blackhawk car show

Joint weekend runs with SoCal to Coyote Flat and Pismo

Snow runs, both as day trips and weekend trips

And of course our Floating MORGS to Hollister, Frank Rains, MET, Corral Hollow, and Folsom Lake, not to mention both Sacramento area and Peninsula monthly Drip in the Dirt/Driveway gatherings.

There's more of course, but that should get you in the right frame of mind.

What I'm wondering is what sort of events would you like to see in 2017?  We already have 2 Death Valley trips being planned, and we'll be setting a date for our traditional Shaver Lake/Bald Mountain snow run around soon (traditionally around early February).  But what grabs your attention?  Would you like to see more hard-core runs like the Rubicon, Fordyce, or Dusy Ersham?  Maybe you prefer weekend moderate runs like camping and wheeling Slick Rock?  Or do you prefer to just get out and set up camp with your friends for a relaxing weekend and not worry so much about the challenges of the trail?

We have lots of great opportunities here in NorCal, the challenge is simply making it happen.  So what would you like to see the club doing in 2017?

.... Would you like to see more hard-core runs like the Rubicon, Fordyce, or Dusy Ersham?  Maybe you prefer weekend moderate runs like camping and wheeling Slick Rock?  Or do you prefer to just get out and set up camp with your friends for a relaxing weekend and not worry so much about the challenges of the trail?

Don,

I'd like to see someone do Fordyce end-to-end in an LR3 .... I don't think that has been done yet ....

Graeme

Don,

I'd like to see someone do Fordyce end-to-end in an LR3 .... I don't think that has been done yet ....

Graeme

I'll get right on that.  You're volunteering as my rock stacker, right?  'cause we're gonna need a LOT of stacking.

Loving the ideas...I've been interested in Poker Flats and the gold lakes area. Seems like some good trails and fishing. Anyone ever run Barret lake trail?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I saw that you guys bib a trip into the Baja Peninsula in 2016. I've been wanting to go there for quite some time, but would like to travel with a group with a bit of experience in the area. Please tell me you may do another trip like this in '17!

There's a discussion on a Baja Trip in the members only forum.

I saw that you guys bib a trip into the Baja Peninsula in 2016. I've been wanting to go there for quite some time, but would like to travel with a group with a bit of experience in the area. Please tell me you may do another trip like this in '17!

This is happening:  Baja 2017 - April 1-8th

Archived