BLACKHAWK C&C

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rupert is thinking of joining up with the Sierra Trip after the Cars and Coffee so people can do both. Right now there are only 4 trucks confirmed for the Sierra Trip so I might change the departure date to the 7th after the C&C too. Not sure why it's being discussed at the BoD meeting though other than the 4 confirmed drivers for the Sierra Trip will be there.

So I think I'm in for this one, I haven't had much time to take the GDE out with the birth of baby 2 and starting BR back up.

So count me in, as well I may have a customer who wants to come in his 91 Classic (Full resto) 

But for now

1991 Range Rover Classic GDE will be there

I'll touch base with Rupert et al tomorrow, but I might bed up for doing the C&C then straight to the Sierra trip depending on how it would work.  I'm already going to have to bail one day mid-trip since Michele has a meeting she can't reschedule.

I'd like the club members to setup their orange club flags during the event.

No need to wash or wax your vehicle, BlackHawk understands we are an off-road club. This is a Cars & Coffee event. Therefore, safari stripes, dings, and mud are A-OK. (probably preferred).

(The museum director is from Kent, England, so knows about Land Rovers)

An actual row for 15 vehicles will be reserved for NCLR until 8AM. Any other club vehicles (late attendees) will be parked close by.

Suggested time to show up is between 6:30am to 7am. Docents and volunteers from the museum will guide us to our club spot.( It is near the cinema theater).

Show up early, each driver may get a free pass to the museum. ( 400 passes can go fast--sponsored by JLR Walnut Creek---BlackHawk expects up to 800 vehicles).

I hear Mike Green from West Coast Rovers usually attends this event.

I hope to immediately rendezvous with the Sierra Trek after this event. So pre-pack your vehicle if you want to do both.

More signups please. Let's publicize your great club!

How to get there:

http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/#0931001?tv=5281573437964288

goto mainpage>click visit>click direction.

Commit or be committed. :huh:  2 weeks remain before BlackHawk C&C. SIGNUP NOW.

Bring your S/O with the mall crawler too!

Bear wanted to know if there was another C&C. Not for this club, but there is the All British Meet next  month for $27 per vehicle. :(

This event is FREE.

FREE musuem passes and free coffee.

If anyone has a full sized club flag I have a "tailgate" flag pole.  

http://www.united-states-flag.com/tailgating-flagpole-set-by-valley-forge.html

I am also happy to get one made if I can get a high resolution club logo file.  Thanks!

http://designer.northstarflags.com/northstarflags/index.php&tng=Y3BpPTczMDIzJmNwaXM9MzA0OTA3

If anyone has a full sized club flag I have a "tailgate" flag pole.  

http://www.united-states-flag.com/tailgating-flagpole-set-by-valley-forge.html

I am also happy to get one made if I can get a high resolution club logo file.  Thanks!

http://designer.northstarflags.com/northstarflags/index.php&tng=Y3BpPTczMDIzJmNwaXM9MzA0OTA3

I"ll tell El Solis to bring a few for club member sale

Do we need to bring ground covering for our leaky Rovers or will we be in the parking lot and won't be a problem?

Just thinking if we were not on asphalt, since I know mine will leak, that we might think ahead on that..

Hey, they asked a bunch of old cars to come visit.  I think they know what they're in for.

Agreed...but it is Danville...so,they have old cars without leaks..

I think it's always a good idea to bring a drip pan if you have a leaky vehicle unless you know for a fact that drips on the parking surface are fine. At many car shows, even old cars that don't leak bring them just in case.

O'Reilly has large carpet drip mats for about $10 that are 3' x 5' so you can use your tires to hold it in place if windy, and you can roll it up and toss in the back when done.

IMHO, it's is necessary to demonstrate professionalism and respect for the venue as a club.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bring a drip pan if needed.

If any of you club members have a business, this is also a good opportunity to pass out your busness cards.

For sure: Mexxi's, British Recyclers, CTmotorwerks are attending. Any others want to write off mileage as a biz expense?

On C&C days, the museum opens early at 9am. Bring the family. 

Don's competition. :D

http://www.ferraripacific.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=26666&item_id=276231

They'll want to keep away from us like the plague. :o

I have clients who are members of the Ferrari club.  While I may root for Kimi and Seb at the races, I'm not a huge fan of that particular club.  They aren't exactly what I'd call 'down to earth' types.

I'm on reserve, so I might be called in at the last minute.  Otherwise, looks good for me to come with my wife.

I'll try to bring both of my Defenders (and drip pans.)

1986 90, ExMoD soft top in camouflage, 2.5NA diesel.

1988 110, station wagon with full size safari rack, 300Tdi transplanted from a Disco.  Steering wheel on the proper British side.

Mike

I have clients who are members of the Ferrari club.  While I may root for Kimi and Seb at the races, I'm not a huge fan of that particular club.  They aren't exactly what I'd call 'down to earth' types.

Heh. 

Our GC at my previous employer is a Ferrari Club member. I remember him complaining that he went on a long vacation to Italy and his wife just had to have this $16,000 fine Italian decorative bowl, so of course what choice did he have but to buy it? 

He never quite understood why no one else could relate to that story..... :lol:

Heh. 

Our GC at my previous employer is a Ferrari Club member. I remember him complaining that he went on a long vacation to Italy and his wife just had to have this $16,000 fine Italian decorative bowl, so of course what choice did he have but to buy it? 

He never quite understood why no one else could relate to that story..... :lol:

I understand, in 1980 my wife wanted a $100 bowl and I bitched. :lol:

The only thing we may have in common is: Grey Poupon. :huh:

Archived