new shoes+ for the D90

Phil.

started a new job a little over a month ago in redwood city, across the freeway from cerrone's. brought the RRS in last week and as i'm pulling in, i see a clean lifted D90 with seattle dealer plates - only 50k miles on it, definitely cleaner than my D90 and probably cleaner than my RRS. as tyler brings me to work, he tells me the D90 belongs to a Facebook employee who bought it sight unseen and is having them restore it back to stock suspension and wheels/tires. what a shame to return it to mall crawler duty, but hey he's the owner.

fast forward to the end of the day. frank picks me up and we get to talking about the same D90. same what a waste comments, but i add "i wonder what he's gonna do with those parts?" frank notes they're practically brand new with BFG MTs. when we get back to the office, frank calls the guy to see if he's already got a buyer for the parts. yada-yada-yada and boom look what i have!!!

Before: Stock height

26550178763_b8c0bca180_c_d.jpg

After: OME 2" lift kit + 33" BFG MTs

26550176493_4234282126_c_d.jpg

26550174523_a990f6158a_c_d.jpg

You know we all hate you a little bit now, right?

;)

Looks good - are those NATO wheels?

BTW, I read the first part of your story to Michele.  When I got to the part about taking the truck back to stock her immediate response was 'Oh. My. God'.

Good woman there.  :)

Archived