My "new" 1988 110

GuamPilot

Greetings! I'm new to the Club and hope to become active.

I hope the picture comes through. My wife, daughter and I picked up this 110 in Salt Lake City last Saturday. It has a lot of features we wanted including a 300Tdi, galvanized safari rack and right hand steering.

So, I need to ask for help. While driving from SLC to San Bruno, the transfer case went out. It locked up in high as I pulled into the Donner Pass rest stop!

Is there someone in the Truckee area who wants to help me change my LT230 on Tuesday? Or someone who has garage space I could use for a day?

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome Mike,

Sounds like a nice rig and hopefully, you won't have any problem registering it in Kali.  Wish I could be of help with the transfer case but I'm in the East Bay. The closest members are in the Sacto area but i'm sure some will chime in with ideas on how to get the rig sorted out.

Welcome Mike,

Sounds like a nice rig and hopefully, you won't have any problem registering it in Kali.  Wish I could be of help with the transfer case but I'm in the East Bay. The closest members are in the Sacto area but i'm sure some will chime in with ideas on how to get the rig sorted out.

Thank you for the welcome!

This 110 will be registered in Florida just like my '86 90. From my understanding of CA regulations, the answer is NO!

Mike

another thought... if you're locked up in high, you should be able to drive home like that unless you're planning on off- roading it.

If only it was just stuck in high range.

The T-case is locked up in high range, as in the Defender won't move. I was able to shift to low range and move it. Yes, I considered driving it to San Bruno in low range but I didn't want to spend 7 hours at 30mph. More important, I suspect there are broken parts which could fall into the gears and lock it up in low range too.

I've located a replacement LT230. Now I'm trying to find a place to change it. I really don't want to do the swap in a parking lot in the weather.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Usually I'd be glad to help with something like this but it's a really bad time for me - I've got a lot to get through this weekend so no Rover play I'm afraid.  Sorry about that - I know at least one of our other active Sac area guys is down in Death Valley currently as well.  Just bad timing I'm afraid!

Mike, I'm not much help for the t-case, but for uploading your pic try this.

After you've selected the pic, you have to click on the "Attach This File" button. You can only attach one file at a time so you'll have to do the same process for each pic you want uploaded.

Looking forward to seeing the rig and meeting you:)

Bummer! Is the truck still up in the sierra's I have a driveway at squaw and a few friends up there I can reach out to for space/tools/help, but not Land Rover specific. 

Don is in Sac (looks to be busy) as are more than a few other guys. JFuller, you got your ears on?? 

DM me if you'd like me to reach out to folks up the hill.

I'm sure we can figure something out...

Tom

650 796 6936

I'm about an hour from truckee. In Loomis ca. You're welcome to work here if you can get it here. I can help but after inget off work. T case should only be an evening job with two guys. It's really pretty straight forward. I've got all the tools we would need

I'm near Jason's place so if you get together let me know and If I can like to offer up any help. I don't have that much experience with swapping a TC but would like to learn!

We are on the way home from death valley. Unfortunately i wont be home until tomorrow. My wife has a dr appt tomorrow so i couldn't detour your direction. If aaa will give you a 100 mile tow that would out you close to sacramento

Archived