Sacramento get together - January

It sounds like the get together will be January 21st. I am willing to host it, from Vallejo. I got lots of parking and a fire pit, but it is a ways from Sacramento. But maybe we can get some from the Bay to join in?

Drew

If we take it to Vallejo I won't be able to make it, Bit too far of a drive on a week night

Let me know what we decide, I know both Nick and Don have previously suggested their places, although nothing was 100% chosen

Let me know, I'll make the calendar event and we can go from there.  

so the current options:

Walnut Grove (Don)

Vallejo (Drew)

Sacramento (Nick)

Sounds like several people won't be able to make Vallejo so maybe we don't do it this time but put it on the calendar for a future date.  Maybe on a Friday so people won't have to worry about a long drive and getting up early the next day for work?

Nick/Sacramento is probably the most convenient to the majority.  I know I'm a bit south for some people's taste (Walnut Grove is about 30 min south of downtown Sac)

I was putting my place up as an option just so the same people don't have to host over and over.  And hey, it's a nice drive out to the country.  

It sounds like the thing to do is go with Sacramento/Nick, but let's get ahead fof the curve and go ahead and plan some stuff in Vallejo and Walnut Grove.  If we put it on the calendar more than a week in advance maybe people can plan for it a bit.

Sound good?

so the current options:

Walnut Grove (Don)

Vallejo (Drew)

Sacramento (Nick)

Sounds like several people won't be able to make Vallejo so maybe we don't do it this time but put it on the calendar for a future date. Maybe on a Friday so people won't have to worry about a long drive and getting up early the next day for work?

Nick/Sacramento is probably the most convenient to the majority. I know I'm a bit south for some people's taste (Walnut Grove is about 30 min south of downtown Sac)

I was putting my place up as an option just so the same people don't have to host over and over. And hey, it's a nice drive out to the country.

It sounds like the thing to do is go with Sacramento/Nick, but let's get ahead fof the curve and go ahead and plan some stuff in Vallejo and Walnut Grove. If we put it on the calendar more than a week in advance maybe people can plan for it a bit.

Sound good?

I agree with this approach and also suggest a potential for Saturday afternoon BBQ, we could then get others in the club a chance to make the trek.

When the warmer weather comes back around I was going to propose Sat/Sun meet ups at Folsom lake.

Several of us met up there last summer and had a great time.

Kids loved the water and there are a few obstacles you could "rover" over.

Just a thought as I was reading many of these places that are too far for a South Bay guy like me to attend -- some of these could just be good wrenching days on the weekend too -- if it's not a night thing, I can drive a little further. Have fun!

True, we haven't had a wrenching day in a while though I don't know what sort of projects are going on right now.  It's the off-season it seems.

Front driver door lock actuator

Replace gauge lights behind dashboard

Plug holes in cargo floor to prevent water ingress

Modify winchline and re-spool (still need to buy the new portion of the line though)

Fix striped screw hole (plastic) for mounting bit on headlight

Cage side windows in cargo area

If anyone wants to do any wrenching we can start as early as wanted. Garage will be heated and i have lots of tools/air/welder. Just let me know how soon u want to start. Im not planning on working that day.

Cya tonight at 8PM

Kidding 

If anyone wants to do any wrenching we can start as early as wanted. Garage will be heated and i have lots of tools/air/welder. Just let me know how soon u want to start. Im not planning on working that day.

Nick,

Chad has an engine to swap .... so if you guys start at 6:00am, the Bay Area Chapter can come over late evening and finish it off for you, and fire it up ....

Graeme

Should have my January schedule this week. Hoping to make it.

Folsom lake get together sounds like a great idea. Family, BBQ, water, rovers...can't wait for the weather to warm up!

list of items to attend to before Baja...chain my GoalZero Extreme 350 with my new Yeti 400, secure both in vehicle, build base for ARB slider, hood matte decal, install sasquatch light switch...

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to getting together this week and catching up. Any thoughts on meal ideas?

What's our attendance looking like?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm still torn between Sac and the bay.  I was going to do Sac since I'll be at the TAD event next week, but it looks like Michele may be flying into SFO Thursday evening which would have us close to the peninsula gathering anyway.

I'm waiting to hear from her at this point. 

Why not car seat in disco?

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Neither of us feel 100% comfortable with him in there.. The 4 1/2 Inch lift really makes it sway making it hard to drive, especially if my kid is in the back screaming for attention..

Although I should have my GDE arriving Thursday afternoon, so if all goes well with DMV I may just take that with my kiddo 

Archived