Official Oregon Back Country Discovery 2015 Thread

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just putting this out there...I'm trying to get off of work on friday 6/12 and head to the CA/OR border. I think a long day sat would be tough on Roxson. So my plan is to leave about 12-1 pm on friday and head to the border. Then spend the night in a motel and meet up with the convoy on saturday. between cell phones and HAM radio this shouldn't be an issue. Anyone interested?

Chris

I am in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michal!! Excellent. I just confirmed today that I am not working 6/12 so let's start planning where/when to meet up. Off the top of my head I can tell you I'm not particularly interested in driving from livermore through the east bay on Friday afternoon and was going to head out 580 east to stockton and pick up 5 from there. If I do that we could meet where 5 meets 505 if you came up 80 around 3:30. Alternatively I could go up 680 as we should be on the road by 1:30 at the latest and meet in Fairfield about 2-2:30. This is based on leaving Rox in preschool until 1230 when his day is done and then bringing him home to say goodbye to Kylie. I might just get him early though (11:30-12) and hit the road. How does timing look for you?

Trista and I and Grayson are going to go up early. We're looking to go up earlier than Friday though. Either Wednesday or Thursday. Rupert we may want to take you up on the cabin offer if possible. We would also need to come back earlier I think. I have to work on Saturday the 20th so I don't want to be rolling in Friday night and have to go to work for 2 days straight right after. So depending on the days I think we're going to leave on Thursday the 18th. 

Michal!! Excellent. I just confirmed today that I am not working 6/12 so let's start planning where/when to meet up. Off the top of my head I can tell you I'm not particularly interested in driving from livermore through the east bay on Friday afternoon and was going to head out 580 east to stockton and pick up 5 from there. If I do that we could meet where 5 meets 505 if you came up 80 around 3:30. Alternatively I could go up 680 as we should be on the road by 1:30 at the latest and meet in Fairfield about 2-2:30. This is based on leaving Rox in preschool until 1230 when his day is done and then bringing him home to say goodbye to Kylie. I might just get him early though (11:30-12) and hit the road. How does timing look for you?

I will PM you next week when I am back from my travels to discuss details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the campfire situation? Do we need to bring propane campfires?

I called -- both Deschutes and Williamette NF have no restrictions on campfires.  Probably unlikely to change, but I will give a ring again just before we embark.

I called -- both Deschutes and Williamette NF have no restrictions on campfires.  Probably unlikely to change, but I will give a ring again just before we embark.

Good to know.  I didn't think OR would have any restrictions but it's always good to check.

It is snowing at the higher elevations where we may possibly be traversing. We may find some remnants of snow on the ground when we get there. I guess we should be prepared for all kinds of weather.

Yeah need to be ready for heat, rain, snow, mud, etc. the LR4 is getting some new kicks tomorrow. Due to the dubs she rides on there are limited tire options so we went with the Nitto Terra Grapplers G2. Supposedly pretty good AT's and have a 6 year/65,000 mile tread warranty

So I'm partially confirmed. Just have to make sure I can confirm I'll have someone to cover the store while I'm gone for the week. 

Pauls not the most reliable guy so yeah..

Ok tires are on, they at least look the part so we shall see. Also, got side swiped while Kylie was parked at work. Rear driver's wheel arch. No note, looks better now that the white paint is wiped off (WD40 to the rescue). attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1431710889.660559.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1431710897.829207.jpg

I see an opportunity.

Look Kylie...all those big steel bumpers and things can really help save you from bad driver's in the parking lot.  You never know where those crazies will come from

:)

Ok tires are on, they at least look the part so we shall see. Also, got side swiped while Kylie was parked at work. Rear driver's wheel arch. No note, looks better now that the white paint is wiped off (WD40 to the rescue). attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1431710889.660559.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1431710897.829207.jpg

The tires actually look pretty good as far as tread goes.

Archived