This month we're going to attempt what didn't work out last month due to rain (and if you haven't noticed, it's been about the only rain we've received in all of 2015.) We're going up north beyond Santa Rosa to South Cow Mountain OHV Recreation Area. This BLM managed property is about 5 mi. E of Ukiah via Mill Creek Road.

Please reply in the thread if you plan on attending. Also of note, South Cow Mountain trails have, in the past not been well-groomed/maintained. This means you may encounter brush contact with your vehicle. If you are concerned about taking your vehicle onto the trails but still want to come out, please let us know -- some trucks will likely have room for passengers.

NOTE: In the event of park closure, our fallback is Hollister Hills SVRA near Hollister, CA. More info will be provided on an as-needed basis.

Last time we had some folks who wanted to camp -- feel free to call out whether you're going to do an overnighter.

Attendee List ( [C] indicates a plan to camp Saturday at South Cow Mountain )

• Erin & Jared
• Robb [C]
• Don
• David
• Chad
• Graeme & Lucas [C]
• Alyson
• Justin (riding shotgun)
• Pedram (maybe)

UPDATED: South Bay Caravan Map

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/scm_caravan_map.png

Also, more information is available in the Calendar and as always, we will meet at the entrance at 10:00AM. A caravan from the South Bay has been added but since Erin & I are heading up the night before and staying at a hotel, we won't be on the caravan run.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This month we're going to attempt what didn't work out last month due to rain....

Please reply in the thread if you plan on attending.

Lucas and I, with camping I expect.

Also of note, South Cow Mountain trails have, in the past not been well-groomed/maintained. This means you may encounter brush contact with your vehicle.

Oh, don't want to scratch my beloved vehicle ....

Regards,

Graeme

I may go, Although does anyone mind if I tag along inside with them. Don't want to bang up the p38 too much (Shes not off road ready just yet / and my only running vehicle at the moment)

Would just leave my car at the entrance etc

Looks the the weather will be perfect this weekend. I assume most people are going to come in the Mendocino/Hwy 101 side, but if there is any interest in coming in from the Lake Co./Hwy 29 side, let me know as I will be coming in that way from Napa.

Google says it's 11 miles shorter for me to go down to Vallejo then up 101 vs I5N then over 20/29 (157 vs 168). I suppose I could go either way. Anybody from either the bay or Sac planning to caravan? Time?

Justin, do you need a ride? I could go north through Sac on I5 and just pick you up on the way.

Man I must really like you guys to drive 300 miles just for a day of trail riding, especially since I have to get on a plane for a 2 week trip on Sunday!

Google says it's 11 miles shorter for me to go down to Vallejo then up 101 vs I5N then over 20/29 (157 vs 168). I suppose I could go either way. Anybody from either the bay or Sac planning to caravan? Time?

Justin, do you need a ride? I could go north through Sac on I5 and just pick you up on the way.

Man I must really like you guys to drive 300 miles just for a day of trail riding, especially since I have to get on a plane for a 2 week trip on Sunday!

I guess I have no excuse! :)

I am still hoping to go, just trying to get back into the swing of things being away.

Guest Pedram
For once I might attend a MORG this year....(in my own truck). Wooohoooo. I'll check in with the wife first. She would love to stay at her mom's with Arian. So tentative. Most likely I'll be solo and driving up for the day. Fremont bound.

Hi all;

Below is the South Bay Area Caravan map to South Cow Mountain. Erin & I will be heading out the night prior, so we won't be leading this caravan (I put it together before realizing we weren't leaving in the AM.) I only have a single fuel stop plotted in Mill Valley. It's at about the halfway point (in terms of drive time) to Ukiah.

Please post in the thread to let folks know if you plan on being in the caravan and which location you're joining at.

-Jared

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/scm_caravan_map.png

I'm still planning to go, but will not be camping. I will most likely head up 880 and then jump across to 101 via the Richmond Bridge. If anyone from the peninsula is going and will be heading up 280, I could do that as well...

I'm still planning to go, but will not be camping. I will most likely head up 880 and then jump across to 101 via the Richmond Bridge. If anyone from the peninsula is going and will be heading up 280, I could do that as well...

What time are you heading up on Saturday? Seems like a few of us are just doing the day.

I don't think we will be able to make it. Two broken rovers. One that needs the front axles put together and another with a bad transfer case.

That sounds like a plea for another wrenching day...

-Jared

What time are you heading up on Saturday? Seems like a few of us are just doing the day.

I'm in San Jose and to get to Cow Mountain by 10am, I figure I need to leave at 6:30am - that includes time to stop for gas or whatever on the way.

Hey Don,

Are you planning on staying up there for the night?

EDIT

Just saw your post, I can make my way down to your place so you don't have to come get me in Sac

Archived