Gauging Interest: Shaver Lake Snow Run, Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2015

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, pizza dinner on Saturday. Pot luck would be Friday night's dinner. My plan is to cook sausage or BBQ prok on the fire Friday night and pass it around.

That being said, the pot luck dinners are hard to coordinate. The camps can be pretty spread out and it's not the easiest to setup. Though with the lack of snow at camp, it might be easier to do.

It's like a bunch of gourmet chefs in here...

... I'll be having something from "Le Jetboil"

-Jared

Oh yeah, I'm all about the Jetboil. Anything beyond that and Michele will have to take over as my culinary skills hover somewhere around 'non-existent'

Oh yeah, I'm all about the Jetboil. Anything beyond that and Michele will have to take over as my culinary skills hover somewhere around 'non-existent'

BAH, dutch oven stuff is easy peasy.. Cut up some beef, carrots, potatoes, onions, spices, etc at home and put them in zip lock bags. Get to camp and start some charcoal. Put pan on charcoal, heat up oil and brown beef. Add everything else and close lid. Have a beer or three and conversate around the campfire while dinner cooks..

So for anyone who is interested I just got a Mr Heater big buddy for a little trip I just took and it was awesome! As I am not going on the Shaver trip Im happy to let someone borrow it. It works off of the 1lb tanks or the big 20lb tanks (I recommend using the larger tank as it will burn through the little ones pretty fast but the 20lb is more than enough for the weekend). You will need to supply the propane but otherwise it is good to go! On low it kept our tent at 60F while it was 30F ish outside.

[ATTACH]5804[/ATTACH]

So for anyone who is interested I just got a Mr Heater big buddy for a little trip I just took and it was awesome! As I am not going on the Shaver trip Im happy to let someone borrow it. It works off of the 1lb tanks or the big 20lb tanks (I recommend using the larger tank as it will burn through the little ones pretty fast but the 20lb is more than enough for the weekend). You will need to supply the propane but otherwise it is good to go! On low it kept our tent at 60F while it was 30F ish outside.

[ATTACH]5804[/ATTACH]

I may be interested. I don't camp much nor am I fan of cold weather.

Anyone headed up 580/Livermoore area?

BAH, dutch oven stuff is easy peasy.. Cut up some beef, carrots, potatoes, onions, spices, etc at home and put them in zip lock bags. Get to camp and start some charcoal. Put pan on charcoal, heat up oil and brown beef. Add everything else and close lid. Have a beer or three and conversate around the campfire while dinner cooks..

You clearly have a different idea of what 'easy' is.

Even when I'm at home I'm all about the 'peel and eat'. Basically I want zero prep, just pick it up, open it, and eat it. I'm willing to stretch this to microwave a pop pie, bake a frozen pizza, or make a sandwich. But don't expect any condiments on that sandwich - meat and cheese it is!

I'd eat better, but it's just too much work!

Alright so I'm confused....

The lady called me on Thursday of last week to pay $53.00 for the booking

Only issue was I didn't have my new bank card yet so I told them I'd call today when it arrives and pay the fees.

So I call today, they have no clue or any info with my Name or any camp site, They found Colin and everyone else although no sites were availble nearby...

Does anyone know if I'm able to pay for two people and add to a spot or what the deal is? Or whom ever scheduled the reservations do you know which spot you set for me?

Thanks! :)

Alright so I'm confused....

The lady called me on Thursday of last week to pay $53.00 for the booking

Only issue was I didn't have my new bank card yet so I told them I'd call today when it arrives and pay the fees.

So I call today, they have no clue or any info with my Name or any camp site, They found Colin and everyone else although no sites were availble nearby...

Does anyone know if I'm able to pay for two people and add to a spot or what the deal is? Or whom ever scheduled the reservations do you know which spot you set for me?

Thanks! :)

Brenton should be your man for this info. But he might be busy. I checked the first post and he hasn't updated since December. So keep bugging him.

Makes you wonder how they manage the busy season...::blink::

-Jared

Makes you wonder how they manage the busy season...::blink::

-Jared

I think their abacus is pretty accurate. I'm glad they stopped faxing campsite reservations. I don't even own a fax line. Or land line. I think they are still trying to figure out touch screens as well. A little upgrade from pagers.

Justin, I have you down for site 226. I didn't (and never have) send in the official reservation request forms so my fax may be lost in their office. Hopefully the reason no other sites are available near us because we have all of them.

This is their busy season for taking reservations for the summer. They fill up pretty quickly and is why I think you can only make one reservation per site.

First post has been updated with the current list of signups, and the site reservations. The reservation list is what that was sent to Camp Edison. If you have a different site reserved, or Camp Edison hasn't called you, please let me know.

Give them a Call Rupert, they had no idea I was on the list and had mixed up names.

I called 559-841-3134 and hit x6 when the guy started to talk

Just paid mine for $57.00

Keep in mind for the showers you need a Water Card Chip? I guess you can only buy them Friday before 4PM or if your lucky and catch a maintenance guy on the weekend.

Hi,

I think I have to cancel my trip. Just had a team meeting and work needs me during that time for some major releases lined up . Looks like have to wait for next year for my most awaited trip :(. Work sucks sometimes, who invented this work.

Sorry guys, have a good time up there without me and get some cool and cold pictures for me.

I will pay the fee for my campsite, please let me know.

Archived