December 2014 MORG

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good run - Bella took some quality time behind the wheel building her technique; thanks Chuck for the spot at the right turn up on the hill descent.

Don and Michelle were not going to let Truck Hill go without getting to the top and made an impressive job of it. I took video and will post.

Chuck never had 4 wheels down at the same time as he rode up the gully at Truck Hill and Alyson caught some impressive air at McCrazy on the drop into the tunnel.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/dfcedbd0eac38e6ab1247ae34c783c2a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/07/1306a9bdeb2ddc065ce7a23161d5fd17.jpg

truck hill can still be done even in the mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, just look at the tracks I left - you'd think a tank went up the hill! Then again, given the weight of a loaded LR3 maybe that's not so far off..

Hmmm...works for me, but let's try something else this time:

http://vid816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/zelatore/07%20Land%20Rover%20LR3/MORGs/20141206_160551_zps66dkogj5.mp4

All this work for what amounts to about 15 seconds of crappy video...trust me, if it doesn't work you're not missing anything. It's Jarred starting down the rocky line on the back side of the obstacle course.

Wow - that looks like lots of fun!!! I didn't realize that Erin also brought the LR4 - that is awesome! :-) I don't recognize everyone, but so sad I missed it. See you all in January.

I didn't buy it just to look at in my driveway...okay maybe I did, but at the same time, I mean, c'mon... it's a Land Rover! It's meant to Rove the Land!

Nice pics - Did the LR4 make the big hill in the pics Erin ? I wanted to go - but work trip prevented it.

Ha! No fancy smancy LR4s made the big hill, only the mighty LR3!

Actually, Jared tried it first in his RRC, the RedRover. He made a pretty good go at it and got about half way up before having to back down. Then I tried. And failed. So I tried again. And failed. I was getting pretty PO'ed at the computers - actually yelling at the truck as I tried to keep my momentum up 'Come on! I said Downshift! More Power damn you!' Then I realized I still had the stability control on and made one last run which finally worked. With the late model trucks, the stability control really needs to be OFF when running anything difficult.

To be fair, with some different tires I'm sure the LR4 would have had no problem going up the hill. The hard part was trying to find a line that kept you out of the ruts and maintaining momentum in that soft silt-like mud/sand mix. For that run, the added weight of my armor and gear was actually a hinderance if anything.

Archived