Series IIA Dormobile Project

dlyonmckeil

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg533/dlyonmckeil/Oliverfirstdayhome.jpg

Hello,

I'm currently working on this 1962 Series IIA Dormobile. We named it Oliver and are planning on using it for camping and a bit of a daily driver.

This will be my third Landy project car. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Cheers,

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg533/dlyonmckeil/Oliverfirstdayhome.jpg

Hello,

I'm currently working on this 1962 Series IIA Dormobile. We named it Oliver and are planning on using it for camping and a bit of a daily driver.

This will be my third Landy project car. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Cheers,

Your post made me do a little research (never heard of a Dormobile before...) - how is the condition of the pop-up top on your Series IIA?

Welcome to the forum!

-Jared

Welcome to the forum, you have a great IIa there. If you haven't already checked out the mendo recce email list, you may want to. There is a wealth of information for the leaf sprung rover crowd and several dormobiles in the group. Good luck with the restoration, it should be a fun one.

Welcome to the forum, you have a great IIa there. If you haven't already checked out the mendo recce email list, you may want to. There is a wealth of information for the leaf sprung rover crowd and several dormobiles in the group. Good luck with the restoration, it should be a fun one.

I knew we had more Series enthusiasts around here... they never bring them out to the MORGs though... a shame, really.

-Jared

I knew we had more Series enthusiasts around here... they never bring them out to the MORGs though... a shame, really.

-Jared

Mine makes it down there on occasion, it is just a long haul from Napa for a day run. If harvest ends early, I hope to make it to the Annual again.

That's a very cool truck. How many colors has it been, and do you know the original one from the factory? Hope to see it in action sometime soon:)

I think the green up front is original. The interior was white (some of the original interior is still there). The right front wing was replaced at some point and is steel.

At some point, hopefully soon, we are planning on repainting it.

I did last night. Thanks for the tip.

• 5 weeks later...
I got more pictures. Thanks for the compliments.

Any plans to paint the trailer, Pedram?

I think the green up front is original. The interior was white (some of the original interior is still there). The right front wing was replaced at some point and is steel. At some point, hopefully soon, we are planning on repainting it.

And as for the Dormobile, when are we going to see Oliver at an NCLR MORG? ::bigsmile::

Any plans to paint the trailer, Pedram?

And as for the Dormobile, when are we going to see Oliver at an NCLR MORG? ::bigsmile::

At the moment I still need to get a few things sorted out. It really needs new tires all the way around. I'd like to stick with original 16x7.50 but I hear they are hard to find. Most likely, it should be good to go in the Spring. I also put in a dual band radio.

I have 3 used goodyear G90's in the 7.5x16 size. Not sure they should be daily drivers tho. They aren't too hard to source. Pretty sure the goodyear store in Livermore said they could source them.

I have spots on Oliver and rims for two spares. I bet they would work for that.

I'll check with my local Goodyear dealer. See what they say.

Archived