Sacramento?

Phil.

Got pinged by someone over on RR.net that's moving from Seattle to Sacramento. Since I'm not too familiar with the area, I thought I'd post here. I've sent Richard the link to this thread so let's give him a warm Rover welcome to CA and peer pressure him to join the club :-)

Here's his note to me:

I am moving from Seattle and starting at Sutter General, downtown Sacramento, I was active in a rover club that hit the Cascades or other area at least monthly, and would like to see what is around here as well. I also am interested in any good mechanics, unless the dealer is the only choice.

Richard

Hey Richard,

Welcome to Nor Cal! There are many members (4 or 5) in the Sacto. area, I'm sure they'll chime in and pint you in the right direction. I know that Michael Beavers takes his Landys to the Niello stealership and is quite happy with them.

Look forward to meeting you!

Enrique

Hi Richard, Welcome! I'm down in Stockton (still wondering how I ended up here), about 40 minutes South of Sac I5 and I80 interchange. Run thru Sac minimum once a month heading up to the Brownsville/ Oroville area to my ranch property. You will soon find out that you are pretty much at the "gateway" to the Sierras for year round (if you like snow) fun, but still near the Bay Area for nightlife, although Sac is getting up there for things to do. San Fran is about 2hrs West, Tahoe approx 2 hrs East. Land Rover Rocklin is a little East of Sac on I80, the closest Dealership, minimum experience with them. I do most of my own work, with the larger, or more confusing repairs done by Tony and Frank (Cerrones European in Redwood City, about 2 hrs + West/Southwest of me. Hope you settle in quick and look forward to meeting another Landy owner!

• 4 weeks later...
Welcome to Sac. It is really a nice family oriented community up here. I lived in Elk Grove and moved to Granite Bay in August. We have a few active members in the area and most of us are mechanically inclined. I also work at Sutter General so we can meet up there. I am in the OR as an anesthesiologist. The club is active and everyone is great. Being in Sac we are just an hour from epic trails and not far from SF, Napa, Tahoe, Monterey.

Archived