Death Valley 2014

Yea, they're the same. There's a new website(?) it's called Live Satelite Maps by Google. I looked up the general area of Cerro Gordo and though the pics aren't the sharpest, it looks dry, no snow. But the weather can change.

Ok - here is what I show in terms of people interested in this years trip so far:

Trip 1(a) - -The week before Easter -- (April 12 - 19) we do not yet have someone who has volunteered as trip leader

1. Antonio

2. Dan Harris (possible)

3. Rupert

Trip 1(B) -- The week after Easter (April 18 - 25)

1. Chuck Mobraten

2. Tyler Mobraten

3. Ted

4. Phil

5. Michal C

6. Paul D.

7. Dan Harris (possible)

8. Bill

9. Sean

I am in a bind with work and scheduling vacation. Apparently, everyone wants to take vacation the same weeks, even those without kids which irks me to no end... I am trying to move things around, but right now, it is not looking good for us.

Ella won't be the same without a DV trip as this would be her fourth year and she has spent half her birthdays down there! She is alwaysso excited to tell people how much fun she has with the group. I will keep working on it, but I am tentative right now.

Anyone that hasn't been on a trip with Chuck is missing out. He puts many, many hours into planning and logistics. He is very knowledgeable not only of the terrain, but of the history of the area and cool places to see. You won't be disappointed. I hope we can swing part of the trip.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok - time to put up or shut up. I've started an OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL thread here .... http://nclrclub.org/forum/showthread.php?2465-The-Official-UNOFFICIAL-Death-Valley-2014-Trip-Thread

Believe I caught everyone from this thread showing interest. If you are in for sure, and the dates work -- post up on the other thread and I'll update. Ditto if you are out for sure -- I remember a few that were on the fence.

If you are going down the week before before and want to start a different thread to get that trip organized -- go for it. I'm just staying focused on the week after Easter Sunday...

Archived