Metero Shower Trip August 9-11 Gauging Interest Thread

I will be leaving from Granite Bay (Sacramento) Friday night after work. Not sure what time I will able to leave as it depends on my work schedule that day. I will be loaded with my wife and 3 young kids (6, 4 and 3). If I don't get out of work early then I may have to leave Sat morning.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight I'm going to put out my itinerary and list out everyone who has posted their ETAs so that people can see who they want to caravan with etc. For those who get there first I will also have the list of participants so maybe I can convince you to save some spots.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be taking Friday off as it looks like Thursday might be a long night. As it stands right now the rover still doesn't have a front diff. My friend who is helping me install the arbs has Thursday after work as his only free evening. That means that I need to get it all put back together at his place after work and then shoot back home to install before catching a few zz's and packing the rover in the morning. I'm still hoping to be up there early. I would like to have lunch by the lake on Friday. But most likely it will be dinner. But if you're heading up early on Friday and you are taking highway 80 and want to caravan. Shoot me a call as I'm in loomis just east of sacramento.

I will be taking Friday off as it looks like Thursday might be a long night. As it stands right now the rover still doesn't have a front diff. My friend who is helping me install the arbs has Thursday after work as his only free evening. That means that I need to get it all put back together at his place after work and then shoot back home to install before catching a few zz's and packing the rover in the morning. I'm still hoping to be up there early. I would like to have lunch by the lake on Friday. But most likely it will be dinner. But if you're heading up early on Friday and you are taking highway 80 and want to caravan. Shoot me a call as I'm in loomis just east of sacramento.

J - I am hoping to leave Granite Bay around noon or so with my family. I am taking Friday off to make the most of the weekend away. I am planning on going 80 to 89 then north and dropping down to White Rock Lake. We may need to make a few stops as I will be loaded with 3 kids under 6 years old.

Still up in the air about bringing the M416 trailer, still questioning the 3pt turn and the hard left to the shoreline. Chris, what's your opinion?

The turn around was wide enough for both of us to turn around in tandem while heading out...

Rupert, I haven't been there for awhile. I say bring it and we can figure out how to get you there. Space at camp might be the only issue given the number of rigs but hey....one family right? This is basically a come have fun, great place to try out gear as it is a close, short trip.

Chris

Teds.

Spent the evening getting food ready. I was planning the same route you mentioned and since we are close it would be great to caravan. That said it really depends on two major factors. 1. How long it takes me to put the disco back together tomorrow night and 2. My better half. She is working in Reno and is supposed to drive down tomorrow night after shift but was up late tonight so if she's tired she might stay the night up there. If that happens I'm not leaving until late. I will give an update tomorrow night with progress.

No worries. Looks like I may be the first to arrive.

Chris, how many campsites are at the lake? How many campsites should we secure? Are they grouped together or spreadout around the lake?

Anyone planning on fishing? Do you have your license?

I was thinking of introducing my kids to fishing on this trip but don't have my license yet. Looks like you can purchase one online.

I think my lic expired but yes you can get one online. I wasn't planning on fishing as my lil one is 2 and doesnt have the patience. The fishing is pretty good from what i remember, have to hike to the opposite side of the lake but its a small lake.

Will see you all Saturday for dinner, and sky watching.

Hey Chris, add me to the list of attendees; my business trip this wknd was canceled; posted more details on the other thread.

Hi Chris,

I was able to get off from work early so I am going to start heading to the lake. I will see you over there.

If anyone is leaving the Sacramento area or traveling along highway 80 around 4pm and want to caravan. Call me or text meet at 408-218-5324.

Is first tiem being there, so if i don't make it to camp by mid night that means i am lost. :-(

Chris, thanks for setting this trip up.

My wife Roz and my two boys, Max and Jake, had a blast catching-up/hanging-around other club members & their friends/family.

White Rock Lake is very nice and can't believe we had the Lake to ourselves. And Sky watching @ night in the middle of forest and on the lake was beautiful w/o all the city lights.

Made it home around 3pm today (traffic was bad from Truckee back home to the Bay Area). Good meeting/seeing folks, and hope everyone made it safely!

Archived