OFFICIAL : Death Valley 2013

Spoiler alert - posting random pictures ahead from the trip before the official report comes out. Want to thank Chuck for an excellent job planning and leading the trip. Lots of work behind the scene that made it safe and successful - can't say thank you enough for the great time my son and I had; everyone pitched in and made this a great family friendly trip.

Here are pictures of the group and Chuck spotting @ Lippincott Trail, and other points of interest @ Death Valley:

Pix 1: Entrance to Lippincott 4x4 Trail

Pix 2: Group photo

Pix 3: Chuck spotting @ tight corner of Lippincott

Pix 4: LRs coming down from Lippincott

Pix 5: My DII @ Titus Canyon Trail

Pix 6: Camping under the stars - Gold Point NCLR camped there Thursday to Sunday

Pix 7: Old DV sign

Pix 8: Line up

Pix 9: Mysterious moving rock(s) on Racetrack Playa

PIx 10: Brenton hanging a teapot @ Teakettle Junction

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More...

PIc 1: Scotty's Castle

Pic 2: Hot Springs - NCLR camped there Monday night

Pic 3: Osborne's Cabin - NCLR camped there Tuesday night.

Pic 4: Chef Enrique making a gourmet meal in the middle of nowhere

Pic 5: Ballarat Ghost Town

Pic 6: Clear skies @ Night

Made it home around 6 last night. Trip was amazing.

Got home to find out that the house sitter spilled coffee on my Notebook, so here are some un-procssed images from my work computer.. I will update them once/if I get my system back

I have had a chance to filter through the extras and have processed some images.

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/lateapexsti/slideshow/Death%20Valley%202013

Great Trip! Here's some teaser pics.

Pic 1 - Live It!

Pic 2 - Crawling down into Striped Butte Valley

Pic 3 - Pulling into Striped Butte Valley

Pic 4 - That moment you realize you've (almost) lost control!

Pic 5 - The British are coming...Charge!

Pic 6 - Descending Lippencott grade

Pic 7 - View from Hard Luck Castle

Two more pics...night shots

Pic 1 - Party NCLR style at Osborne Cabin

Pic 2 - What does a Camel Trophy look like at night? You can see the driving lights coming into the frame as I shot this image. Its the view from Stella's cabin looking towards Vegas. Vegas is about 100 miles away as the crow flies, but is bright enough to create an orange glow in the sky during a 10 minute exposure.

those are some awesome shots Sean, well done! (and I'm not just talking about the CT ones either, all of them look great!)

Had a fun day today, Shayne helped me (read did it) wire up a relay so that my AC fan comes on when the water temp gets over 210 (or what ever it is set at) and when the AC is turned on. Also, replaced the copper washers on the spill rail until...snapped a banjo bolt oh yay. so those will be ordered tomorrow.

those are some awesome shots Sean, well done! (and I'm not just talking about the CT ones either, all of them look great!)

Had a fun day today, Shayne helped me (read did it) wire up a relay so that my AC fan comes on when the water temp gets over 210 (or what ever it is set at) and when the AC is turned on. Also, replaced the copper washers on the spill rail until...snapped a banjo bolt oh yay. so those will be ordered tomorrow.

A bypass fan relay is great cheap insurance!

Ya those banjo's are very small.. Might of cracked a while back which could of started the leak. Sorry I forgot to leave some with you after we looked at it in DV.. You should order 2 or 3 of them with plenty of washers since they are on the Ch$ap.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the GoPro footage that we have

Hijack-On

Chris, Are Shayne & Sandra still in town? I'd like to have them over at Mexxi's before they leave if possible.

May be others can join too. I was sorry to miss everyone at the MoM this past Sat.

Hijack-Off

Here's a sunrise time lapse from Osborne Cabin. It's kinda boring with just the mountain (the cabin was in shadow this early in the day), but it's cool to see the color change right at the beginning.

[video=youtube;rPfPpXrGinM]

Archived