3rd Annual Meet & Greet, Land Rover, Coffee, etc...@ Catahoula Coffee Company

Event: 3rd Annual Meet & Greet, Land Rover, Coffee, etc...@ Catahoula Coffee Company

http://www.catahoulacoffee.com/

Address: 12472 San Pablo Avenue, Richmond, CA 94805

Date: Sat Aug 16, 2014

Time: 9am-noon

Hi Folks,

Summer is here, I think we have a volunteer opp for the Mendo Rally July 25-27 (Chuck/Jared), quick run @ Hudner Ranch July 20th (Brenton), and then the Meteor Shower Aug 8-10 (Chris Solis). I don't see any activities in Sept; our annual is the 1st wknd in Oct. Tepui Tent is inviting a few of us to help them lead 4x4 trail runs in Hollister 2nd wknd of Oct. And then I want to plan a Lost Coast trip in November. Also want to discuss the poss re-starting the Oregon Trip for 2015.

Before the summer ends, Timber from Catahoula is inviting club members & family/friends to spend a weekend day at his coffee house. Good opp for new and current members to catch-up, talk about upcoming trips, talk gear/Land Rover & maybe even swap.

Starts at 9am. Park at the Merry Maid parking lot next to Catahoula Coffee House. Timber can give an Espressos 101 anyone interested in learning more about coffee. If you want to show & tell your new LR or gear, bring it on.

Then afterwards, about noon (optional) for lunch, Timber is suggesting we caravan to Port Costa's fun biker dive bar called Warehouse Cafe: http://www.yelp.com/biz/warehouse-caf%C3%A9-port-costa-2 - 20-30 mins away via I80E and to Port Costa (before you cross the Carquinez Bridge). Suppose to be great place to grab a wide selection of beer and food.

Address: Warehouse Café. 5 Canyon Lake Dr, Port Costa, CA

Post up if interested. Bring the family!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Event: 3rd Annual Meet & Greet, Land Rover, Coffee, etc...@ Catahoula Coffee Company

http://www.catahoulacoffee.com/

Address: 12472 San Pablo Avenue, Richmond, CA 94805

Date: Sat Aug 16, 2014

Time: 9am-noon

Post up if interested. Bring the family!

Graeme, Ann, and Lucas -- present Sir.

Regards,

Graeme

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm. Can I bring my Catahoula? Not much into coffee but she does like her food & beer.

We'll try to make it anyway...

Yes, you can. Timber named the business after his Catahoula breed dog Mocha.

Also owe you a callback on the ARB X-jack; I can bring it to Catahoula for you to check it. Hope you and your significant other can make it.

Hello,

I will try to make it and bring my wife too this time.

Ok Anudeep, will see you and your wife there.

I also have on the attendee list: Graeme & family, Don and Michele, DavidW, Colin, Justin & family, Brenton & mom, Antonio, Pedram and Didar, Jared/Erin, and Mike & family.

Should be a nice turn out!

Take photos of this event and will submit it to Atlantic British as a follow-up to their June blog re: Timber and his love for Land Rover: http://www.roverparts.com/News/archive/CoffeeShopCEORebuildsSeriesLandRover.cfm

See you all Saturday Aug 16. Catahoula Coffee Company 12472 San Pablo Avenue Richmond, CA.

Starts at 9am. Park at the Merry Maid parking lot next to Catahoula Coffee House. Timber can give an Espressos 101 anyone interested in learning more about coffee. If you want to show & tell your new LR or gear, bring it on.

Also opportunity to bring any LR parts, 4x4 gears, camping equip you want to sell, trade or barter. I want to bring the ARB X-jack and a few items for sale.

Then afterwards, about noon (optional) for lunch, Timber is suggesting we caravan to Port Costa's fun biker dive bar called Warehouse Cafe 20-30 mins away via I80E and to Port Costa (before you cross the Carquinez Bridge). Suppose to be great place to grab a wide selection of beer and food. Address: Warehouse Café. 5 Canyon Lake Dr, Port Costa, CA

Also opportunity to bring any LR parts, 4x4 gears, camping equip you want to sell, trade or barter.

A quick shout out to anyone with RRC headlamp enclosure assemblies; I went to do an HID conversion last night on the 1992 and noticed that the pot metal they made these out of are really looking shabby. If someone has a set (that are... less rusted?) that they want to bring to the swap meet I would be a willing purchaser. Rubber seals have magically stayed intact so don't need those.

Also looking for an RRC tailgate interior handle surround with the microscopic tabs still intact. It's the black plastic interior trim that goes around the tailgate handle.

Thanks

-Jared

I'll bring my Hybrid. I can't afford gas, coffee, and beer in 1 trip. :D

Hybrid Land Rover, right? If it helps, i'll buy you a beer to bring your LR3... : )

-Jared

I am out on this get together. I almost forgot that weekend is my gf birthday. :-( We will be heading to Napa and ride the Wine train.

You guys have fun. AA

Catahoula is along the way from the South Bay to Napa. Stop by and grab coffee.

Hybrid Land Rover, right? If it helps, i'll buy you a beer to bring your LR3... : )

-Jared

Come on Rupert; LR3 fits better with the biker bar scene at Warehouse Cafe vs Hybrid's.

Alas. I am unable to attend. Calendar just got booked through mid October. Ce La Vie. My Catahoula, Holly Hunter, is very upset. She doesn't get to socialize as much as she would like... So too the wife. Still interested in X-Jack if avail. Best to call. Anytime is O.K.

-Mike

Yes, you can. Timber named the business after his Catahoula breed dog Mocha.

Also owe you a callback on the ARB X-jack; I can bring it to Catahoula for you to check it. Hope you and your significant other can make it.

Archived