Hello All - New Member

NCLR101

Hello All

Brand new member here. I met Chuck and his Son at the recent Quail Lodge LR event. I have been running the trails as best I can on my own for the past year or so. So I am excited to join a group and get to know you all as the opportunity presents itself.

I drive a 2007 sport that has seen its share of off road "pin strips" with the only upgrade so far with Cooper Zeon LTZ tires on 18" rims. I plan on more upgrades as I learn more and my budget will allow. I live in Menlo Park and have been down to Hollister many times. I am always on the lookout for nearby off road spots in the bay area.

I just returned a couple weeks ago from the Gold country and up HWY 88 to Silver and Blue lakes. A great trip but few true "off road" opportunities as the El Dorado Forest seems to be taking a "dim view" on vehicles in their forest. Will try Stanislaus Forest on the next vacation run and definately planning on joining those the meet up for the Gold Lake trip upcomming.

Well that's it for now. I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all you folks. I look forward to becomming a contributing member in anyway that will serve the group.

Thommy

Menlo Park

thomgetch@comcast.net

Welcome to the club...and Blue Laeks huh? We have a run going up that direction (Deer Valley and Slick Rock) in July....keep an eye out.

You need to hook up with Phil and Mars. They ahve a black RRSport....fast on road, fun off road. Be a good day of wheeling.

Wish you had posted yesterday/earlier. We had invitations for club members at Bodega tommorrow with LR Fremont...

Oh yeah, welcome to the family!

Welcome to the club, Thommy. It's always nice to see other "late model" owners willing to use their rovers as they were intended. I used to run trails by myself like you before I came to the club. I find myself not only willing to push my rover further than I would have alone, but completely trusting the expertese of our fellow NCLR members during those crucial spotting moments. It's been a blast for me so far. As long as I live in the north cal area, NCLR will be home for me.

Luis

Thank you for the welcome and encouraging experiences. I too look forward to the confidence of going that extra bit. I am very encouraged by the general welcome and great folks here. I look forward to my first trip with you all.

Thommy

i welcomed thommy in another thread, but i'll do it again here. WELCOME!

how do you like those coopers? i'm running nittos right now and have heard good feedback about them. leaning that way for the next time.

post some pics. i bet you're the only RRS on coopers up here in the bay. if you see a black RRS screaming down the carpool lane on 101 with tiny hands waving out the back windows, it's probably me and the girls. :D

Archived