Ring and pinion gear ratio suggestions.

If its on road i would be tempted to do a 1.4 transferase gears but if she's struggling on the rocks diff gears are the way.

Ashcroft has a ratio calc that helps

https://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/calc/ratio_calc.html

Looks like 4.37 would be about the same as it was on 35's and 4.11. I ran 4.11 on 33's so that would be about the same as 37;s on 4.75. Back in the day 4.75 used to be weaker but not sure if thats still true. Maybe ask Ashcroft. 

Edited by lutz

If you are really keen, you could consider changing the diff gears to a much shorter (numerically higher) ratio and then the TF high ratio to a taller (numerically lower) ratio. This would produce a greater spread of ratios between the high and low ranges, improving the crawling ability.

I was planning to use 4.73 diff ratio and then change the high range gears to ~1:1 ratio. This would have provided similar effective high range ratios as stock (for my 35s) but improved low range crawling ratio

Unfortunately, GBR delivered 4.11 gears and so I decided to live with these rather than wait a potential eternity for another set. My transfer case has remained stock. I have found the performance with 4.11 gears to be fine both on and off road for my 35s.

I would prefer to change the gears in the transfer case over the ring and pinion, but I don't know where to have that done or who would sell the correct gears for my rig.

I am leaning towards the 4.37 ring and pinion considering that I want to keep it a strong setup.