Ramps

alpaca

I'm going to do diff fluid change on my RR Sport ... access under the vehicle in off road height is OK for oil change, but would like a little more for this job. Have people here driven the vehicle up onto 4 Rhino Ramps to do jobs like this ? Seems like it should be feasible. Also, for you Lr3 owners - I see some people that just fill until fluid comes out of the fill hole .. but LR recommendation is to use the exact fill amount specified - I have a syringe to measure out the correct fill level - how critical is that ? Going to try the FUCHs Titan 75W90 that is listed as alternative to Castrol. Will report back how good/bad my old fluid looked after 50K ....

• 3 weeks later...

The 4 ramp trick worked for oil change -  not needed though - off road height is good enough. I found out the same for rear diff - off road height and slide under the car from passenger side rear. Fluid change was pretty easy. Filled to spec with 500ml lab syringe from Amazon. Old fluid with about 45k miles on it still looked pretty good. Some gunk and metal particles on mag drain plug - but also not too bad:  will add pic when I’m on my other computer.

Edited by alpaca