Gauging Interest - Red Lake Trail-Coyote Lake Trail

Seeing if anyone would be interested in a mid week trail run.Trails are rated difficult so a good way to try your rig out before Rovicon. For that reason the vehicle requirements will be the same.Body Damage can happen

Attending

lutz 110

Gustav D90

Andrew D2

Working E-Brake/Parking Brake
33â€+ tires including full-size spare
full armor (sliders, diff guards, bumpers, etc.)
Recovery Points front and rear
Working winch
Center Differential Lock (CDL)
Rear locker
Upgraded HD suspension and steering components
Spare parts and tools
Fire Extinguisher
First Aid kit

Date : June 24-26

Agenda/Itinerary: Meet up at shaver lake gas around 12pm. This will be a good time to top off and make sure all gear is stowed. We will head to Red Lake trail.We have a few options. We can have a base camp at Red Lake and just do a day run to Coyote Lake or we can spend the second night at Coyote lake.

Trail info

Red Lake

An easy start from Sand Flats quickly changes at Waypoint 3 when you reach the Gate Keeper. While you can find a line to bypass the worst of the Gate
Keeper obstacles, don't; this is a good indicator of what's to come as rock garden, after rock garden, after rock garden will keep you working to complete this trail.
Yes, there are easy stretches on this trail, and yes, this is the "easier" of the hard trails here, but tire placement is still critical to avoid bends, breaks or hang ups.

Coyote Lake Trail

challenging, rock crawling 4x4 trail that runs from Red Lake to Coyote Lake. Rock crawling, swimming, fishing, camping and lake side relaxation in the high mountains of the Sierra National Forest make for one of the most rewarding 1.7 miles you can run.

post-448-0-43946700-1592531425_thumb.png

post-448-0-53761700-1592531436_thumb.png

Edited by lutz

I’d love to join you but I can’t get out during the week.

Sorry you wont be able to make it .If i dont get back to work im planing a weekend trip soon.

I would like to join you on his trip. I need to get my sliders welded in before the 24th. I am welding in 2" 11 gauge supports from the front of the slider to the frame.

Right on man . 

Edited by lutz