'94 RRC dash top retoration options

Tsean

Hi All,

We are cleaning up a 93 and 94 RRC and have gotten to the point of wanting to address the faded dash top.

What is the best way of doing this, assuming I can't find a clean one to swap it out? I have see people use linseed oil, I have heard of people pulling it out and painting it. what's best know method?

As far as I can tell, there are not any companies making replacement dash tops, is that true?

Thanks,

tsean

Personally I haven't tried to fix a faded one. Do you have the all plastic version? 

To clean the grey plastic dash in the '90 classic I've just used simple green and a scrubby brush. Then wiped the mess up with a paper towel.

Granted Snowflake is just a trail truck and I haven't noticed any fading.

This is the best picture I have of the dash:

IMG_20190421_153735.jpg

Well, with the help of some advice from the club, we gave up on finding a replacement. They are not availble new anywhere and the used ones are pretty much as faded as the ones we have.

We pulled it out, and will do a deep clean and plastic chem prep and then repaint with SEM plastic paint.

We'll see how it goes. 

Thx.

PS: any tips on the demister vents? Need 4 replacements.

post-1292-0-43992000-1586628902_thumb.jpg

post-1292-0-18448300-1586628916_thumb.jpg

the SEM paint went on nicely after an extensive mechanical and chemical clean plus and adhesion spay.  Next results looks great.

At this point I would say it's a very viable way to address a faded and discolored RRC hard dash. 

of course it too 6X loner to reinstall the dash given the rubber windshield seal had deformed over the last 20+ years.  We have to just reuse the demister vents as we couldn't find new ones.

post-1292-0-61730700-1586971798_thumb.jpg

post-1292-0-75142700-1586971807_thumb.jpg