Barrett Lake 9/20-22

Going to be wheeling next weekend. Thinking of doing Barrett Lake in the Tahoe area if another couple vehicles want to go. I have never run the trail, but I hear it is pretty tough. From what I know from second hand accounts it will be as tough as the tougher sections of the rubicon, so vehicle requirements should probably be the same. So 33” tires, a locker, recovery gear, and armor etc.

The trail isn’t long, maybe 4 miles and should be about 4 hours. My plan is to roll in Saturday, chill at the lake and do lake things Sunday, and roll out Monday. It is kind of short notice, so if nobody else can make it I’ll probably do a trail that’s a little easier or that I’m familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Eric. I’d be interested in taking DiscoStu out for its first run but not anything as serious as you are suggesting. I’ll try to get the rear bumper finished and sliders on beforehand. Let me know if there’s a milder option.

Ok, we shall see in the next few days. I’ve had Barrett on the want list of trails for a few years now, so woukd really like to check it out, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it will be hard for anybody else to join given the short notice, difficulty of the trail, and 3 day plan. My backup was going to be the Red Mountain OhV area mear Shaver. Probably Strawberry or Mirror Lake. Only shitty thing about those trails is the fact that there aren’t a lot of camping spots, so rolling in on Saturday can be a little risky. But it is late in the season and may not be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived