2003 Disco 2

ElliottGrossman

Here is my 2003 Disco 2, Modded RRC front brush bar, stock suspension and engine, Rear tailight guards and bumper guards. Was always my dream to own a disco 2 once I graduated HS Working at summer camps for 4 years allowed me to do so! Been slowly putting this girl back together with new seats from another 03 with a presumably dead engine, plan on doing a 2 inch lift and making a roof rack! just joined and hope to get some insight and ideas on others rovers! #RoverOn 

post-1261-0-03784700-1546411817_thumb.jpg

post-1261-0-31652100-1546411833_thumb.jpg

post-1261-0-52253700-1546412166_thumb.jpg

post-1261-0-36535900-1546412200_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard.  If you want a chance to get that thing a little dirty come on out and meet us on Saturday for our MORG (Monthly Off Road Gathering - always the first Sat of the month).  This month we're going to Frank Rainse OHV park in Patterson, so it's not too far from you.  There's a thread already working or you can ping me directly for info if you'd like.

Welcome. It’s always nice to see another D2 join the group. I also have a 2003 D2, although in later stages of being battered, bruised, and modified. I am actually redoing pretty much every part of my suspension this weekend and will have my old Terrafirma springs and shocks available if you’re interested. The kit will give you a 2-3” lift depending on your weight.

Frank Raines is a great place to play with your disco if you have the day free for the MORG. It won’t require the tcase lock or locking axles or anything, but has enough inclines and declines to keep your focus. Also some mud puddles that should have pretty solid bottoms for traction. Definitely worth attending to get a flavor for the club and the disco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! And i see you also found the group on whatsapp.

There are 2 main groups of folks here... those enjoy overlanding more and others into crawling more. 

Which camp do you fall into? 

If i had to say it would definitely be over-landing! im hoping to build my rig into the dream over-landing/exploration vehicle i image it to be! i've been a life long Boyscout and am going into the field of forestry and think the disco is the perfect vehicle to facilitate that dream! Lastly I also enjoy long hikes and have done a couple 50 miles backpacking trips so It would be neat to be able to take a vehicle into the back country for a couple weeks or days to go camping. 

Archived