SRS Update for April/May--All British Car Show May 20th

So our inaugural Social Rover Sunday (SRS) was a moderate success...hopefully this gains momentum as the weather improves. 

Given we have our MoM on April 15th going to go ahead skip this month unless someone has something specific they would like to invite folks to participate in...

For May Ruppert suggested all British Show and I think that is a great idea!!

The car show is an annual event at the Dixon fairgrounds and is this coming May 20th.

Gates open at 8 am and is free to enter with shirts available for purchase.

As we get closer to the date we can use this thread to coordinate arrival times for those interested in meeting up at the show.

There is also a swap meet, car corral for selling cars and then you can enter cars in the show if anyone is interested.

Additional information can be found here.

:CT_DISCO:

I went last year and had a great time, tons and tons of Rolls Royce / Jaguar.

Only two rovers :(

I know they had a big issue with space (Having vehicle in show) so if you plan on being in the show, make sure to arrive a hour or more earlier than opening. Tons of parking outside of the event so thats not an issue.

Also I believe they merge this expo with a Pinball expo every year. I highly recommend getting the wrist band, we played pinball easily for 3 hours when we went to the event. 

I went last year and had a great time, tons and tons of Rolls Royce / Jaguar.

Only two rovers :(

I know they had a big issue with space (Having vehicle in show) so if you plan on being in the show, make sure to arrive a hour or more earlier than opening. Tons of parking outside of the event so thats not an issue.

Also I believe they merge this expo with a Pinball expo every year. I highly recommend getting the wrist band, we played pinball easily for 3 hours when we went to the event. 

Pin - a - go - go is the same weekend.  Jared and I usually go.  Unfortunately, the Northern California Pinball Association has changed direction a bit and Pin a go go will now be in October with a separate event in Lodi the weekend of the 20th.  See details HERE.  

We went years ago as a follow up to the "Allegheny Trail Day" led by Leigh.  Stayed in Sacramento and dirt road'd on Sat and then drove right into the show on Sunday.  Clearly was the dirtiest rig there, but not the winner of any awards as we were up against a 110, a few 109's, a 2 door RRC (Eric Z)...but had a great time.  Although there were arguments about being able to put out our canopys and such..they are not allowed it seems.

Maybe we can get ourselves a corner of the parking lot and start our own impromptu rover show.

Love this idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went years ago as a follow up to the "Allegheny Trail Day" led by Leigh. Stayed in Sacramento and dirt road'd on Sat and then drove right into the show on Sunday. Clearly was the dirtiest rig there, but not the winner of any awards as we were up against a 110, a few 109's, a 2 door RRC (Eric Z)...but had a great time. Although there were arguments about being able to put out our canopys and such..they are not allowed it seems.

I’d love to know more about the route you took on that trip... would love to do this again!

• 1 month later...

So time to bump this to the top...

I’m thinking about arriving around 10am.

There’s a few interested in coming from the Sacramento area.

Anyone else interested? Like to coordinate if we can.

I’d love to know more about the route you took on that trip... would love to do this again!

It's been a long time,with Rover folks no longer on here..But I will look for something

I will try to be there between 10-11am!

Where do you want to meet or how do you want to stay-in touch upon arrival?

I was thinking about meeting up at a gas station in Dixon.

Might be too complicated...

I can pm you my phone number and then link up inside. Might make coordinating arrivals easier. Thoughts?

We went years ago as a follow up to the "Allegheny Trail Day" led by Leigh.  Stayed in Sacramento and dirt road'd on Sat and then drove right into the show on Sunday.  Clearly was the dirtiest rig there, but not the winner of any awards as we were up against a 110, a few 109's, a 2 door RRC (Eric Z)...but had a great time.  Although there were arguments about being able to put out our canopys and such..they are not allowed it seems.

Was that the trip we had to turn around when we were 1/2mi back to main rd due to snow? And Chris ???? who later moved to Alabama or Fla?

Archived