Snow Run (was March MORG)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might I suggest that those who attend pick up some leg gaiters.  Sure keeps the snow out of your boots nice and your legs dry if you get the waterproof type.  I have been happy with these.  Not the top of the line but I liked the coated understrap and zipper in the front.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WH4U7KU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would be willing to bet bass pro has something you could use and they are off I-80 on your way to the trail head.

Jason,

I've never understood why they put the zipper in the front of these, not the rear.  It isn't like jeans, where you need the zipper at the front ....

Regards,

Graeme

Jason,

I've never understood why they put the zipper in the front of these, not the rear.  It isn't like jeans, where you need the zipper at the front ....

Regards,

Graeme

Huh?  Mine are on the side.

OK, at the DitD tonight I had 3 people saying they could go next weekend but not this weekend.  At that point I only had 1 committed attendee - Andrew.  Now it looks like Jamie is also available for this weekend.  Greg is a maybe.

I can do either, but if we go next week I'd rather skip UTC and the crowds and take option one, going east via Meadow Lake Rd from Nevada City toward Bowman Lake.  That will have less traffic than UTC.

I hate to keep bumping this, but I'm trying to accommodate the maximum number of people.   I can't do both weekends...gotta do taxes one of these days!

Weigh in with your opinions post-haste!

Well I guess I'm going to do it again....this is getting pretty old hat.

Let's move this to next week.  Looks like we have more people available then and should have better weather to boot.  I know we have some stock(ish) trucks that want to come and that should give them a chance to prepare as well.  We have more rain/snow forecast for the coming week, so we should still get plenty of fresh powder to play in.

I'd prefer to make this on Sunday instead of Saturday as I have a dentist planning to do some very unpleasant things to me on Friday.  That'll give me a little more time to get over what's sure to be a fun morning of oral surgery.  

I'd also vote we not do UTC as it's bound to be crowded and instead head up Meadow Lake rd. toward Bowman lake.  Little chance we'll actually get to the lake but we go as far as we can.

If you have chains for your truck I'd recommend bringing them.  I'm expecting deep snow and the closer to stock you are the more the chains will help.  

Chime in here and confirm your availability!

Right now it looks like

Don and Michele, D1

Jared and Erin, RRC

Robert, RR L322

Andrew, D2

Tim B, RRC

Possible include:

Greg, D1  (come on, you know you're in!)

Ben, LR4 

Who else??

Just to hold me over and anybody else who might want to go play in the mud. I am headed down Hollister tomorrow Sunday to do just that. I’ll be at the ranger station at 10 AM. Or call me on frequency 146.460 I’ll be there for about 4-5 hours

Just to hold me over and anybody else who might want to go play in the mud. I am headed down Hollister tomorrow Sunday to do just that. I’ll be at the ranger station at 10 AM. Or call me on frequency 146.460 I’ll be there for about 4-5 hours

I did see on instagram that a lot of trails are closed you might want to confirm before you head out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Don, I’m going to have to pull out for both Saturday and Sunday. Multiple events have cropped up.

I do so much want to go play in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time is the meet up?   Checkers has stitches that need to removed Saturday at 10 am. For some reason, I thought next weekend was the 31st.  I don't mind meeting up with you guys late, but depends on how long it will take us to make it up there.

We'd want to start early, but I know it's a bit of a hike for you guys in the south bay.  Meet at Nevada City at 10?  Maybe could push that back to 11 if needed?

I'm trying to make this as easy as possible for the maximum number of people, but no matter what I pick it seems to fall apart at the last minute!

I just sent a msg to Andrew for confirmation.  I'll still make a go of it if we want to.  With only the three of us we can play it by ear on destination.

I could still make it this Saturday for the Snow trip with just three of us if that’s all that can make it, but maybe in two weeks for the MORG would be better. I’d rather hit signal Peak if we can and with more of a notice we can get more people on this run. But like I said I could do both trips this weekend and in two weeks. Looks like it’s going to be snowing up there right until noon on Saturday.

Archived