RRC w/ GM supercharged V8

lithium1330

https://carbuzz.com/news/range-rover-restomod-packs-supercharged-cadillac-v8

In truth, this restomod, dubbed the Range Rover Chieftain, shares very little in common with the original Range Rover. Beneath the classic body panels is the integrated body-frame platform from a third-generation Land Rover Discovery and adjustable independent air suspension. Replacing the Range Rover’s famously unreliable powertrain is a supercharged, 6.2-liter V8 taken from a last-gen Cadillac CTS-V developing 552-hp.

I like the LS motor swap idea, but not the LR3 chassis.  Stick to the RRC chassis and solid axles and the answer is 'yes please'.

Of course with that much power you'll likely want something more stout than the stock Rover axle housings.  May be time to look at something from Currie, Dana, etc.  Or you could try to keep it 'in the family' and go with the Salisbury axles - more or less a Dana 60.

Other mods as needed, 'natch.

Well that extreme off road show has done the D90 with new cummins plant...and a full jeep frame swap. "To be a reliable expedition rig." Seemed wrong in my heart

Yeah...that was a disappointment to say the least.

I don't think they ever finished the truck though, and Ian left the show.  Now they have two new hosts.  Not sure what direction they will take things or if they will revisit unfinished projects like the Wrangler D90.   :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived