Potential Camel Trophy Return? [slightly clickbait]

RedRover

I ran across this article yesterday; it discusses the new energy in Special Vehicle Operations with their head, John Edwards.

In it the author posits that SVO would be a great group to develop a new heir to the Camel Trophy and G4 Challenge events; see below:

SVO is an ideal niche production and engineering group to launch an heir to the Camel Trophy and G4 Challenge. I have friends and former colleagues who went up the Amazon and through Borneo on the Camel Trophy, which was an extreme sports survivalist event long before such terms were coined. “Camel Trophy was legendary. I’ve met maybe 30 Camel Trophy competitors over the years and they are all ‘infected’ with Land Rover,” says Edwards. “So, watch this space and maybe we will be doing something like that in the future.”

For the full article, click here.  If nothing else, at least they show familiarity with CT and G4...  fingers crossed.

holland-holland-range-rover-designboom01.jpg   cropthumbnail-l46219mysvx010glhd-resize-2461x1018-crop-1140x814.jpg   faf225edf2462546de0efc4545afcc57--james-bond-james-darcy.jpg   

maxresdefault.jpg   SVO-Event_Range-Rover-SVA_2-1200x802.jpg

If they ever make truly good special vehicles again they will be double MSRP easy... will never be accessible for us

FWIW a former camel 110 in the 90s was 20k for a used one when the 93 nas was what, 40k new? 

bonus is decent actually special vehicles cars are available now, 110s, discos, etc.

If they ever make truly good special vehicles again they will be double MSRP easy... will never be accessible for us

FWIW a former camel 110 in the 90s was 20k for a used one when the 93 nas was what, 40k new? 

bonus is decent actually special vehicles cars are available now, 110s, discos, etc.

Sadly I believe you're correct.  You'd think a CT version would de-contented re: lux items and up-contented with actual useful hard parts like skids, lockers, sliders, bumpers, lights, tires, etc.

But more likely we'll get more hot-rods like they are currently doing.  Because hoss-pwr sells even if you can't actually use it.

(well, maybe in the dunes.  I'd be down for playing with a new blown D5 in the dunes...LRNA, are you listening?  Care to send me a loaner so I can change my opinion?)

Archived