Land Rover Experience Peru (Member Day) Aug 27th

Hey Guys,

Recently Tom posted a thread with info in regards to a email that was sent out for a once in a lifetime chance to attend the Land Rover Experience Peru at the Quail Lodge Land Rover Experience location. 

From now to the end of August we are holding the Off-Road Trials Competition that allows people to have a chance at winning a Land Rover Experience Adventure Trip to Peru for 6 days completely free !

To compete in this competition... it is 100% free to sign up and valid to anyone 21 years old or over with a valid US license.  It is about a 20-30 minute experience for each participant and once again, there is zero cost to participate in this.

If anyone is interested in adding a driving lesson when signing up for the challenge I will extend a special one time offer to them, but there is no requirement to take a lesson for this competition.  

I've been in contact with the team at the Quail Lodge and have secured the date of Sunday August 27th. 

Currently we can accommodate taking a total of 14 individuals through the course. Please let me know if you are interested and I will gladly get you on the list. 

1. Justin
2. Chad & Brittany 
3. Graeme
4. Andrew Wood
5.Enrique & Brother Carlos
6. Ron Boston
7. Leo / Pamela Quetzal
8. Dino / Son Schumaker
9. Danny Kwon and Brother

This is a real rare opportunity to go out to the Land Rover Experience and to have it free :)

Hope to have the list full

**Side Note**

You can gladly go another date, this is just a proposed date for the Club to come out together and not solo. 

RSVP at the following link

http://norcalrovers.org/forum/index.php?/calendar/event/186-land-rover-experience-peru/

SO IN FOR THIS! Sounds like a lot of fun. Also, what would the details be about the driving lessons if Brittany wanted to take one?

Confirmed List

1. Justin

2. Chad & Brittany 

hi guys ... so just did the run at LR experience at quail lodge.

it was *very short but super fun.

slalom-like poles all along the trail. each touch is penalty of 1 minute

quite a few moguls. tight turns. on smaller hill descent.

but pretty dead easy.

i timed  out at 6:07 (that's min:sec) with no touches :-)

it went like this:

the instructor drove a bit and went through all the fancy do-hickies on the new discovery - different drive train modes, off-load lift, touchscreen that shows what wheels/shocks are doing (what a difference between what i am driving now! hahah)

then i drove a bit before doing the time trial. and the trail was very short.

and when all said and done, the shwag: a land rover-branded small waterproof bag. because everyone loves shwag.

and that's all she wrote ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Game plan is to meet there at Noon, I will be there around 11AM. Justin (Contact from LRE) will be out on a family vacation, but has made sure to have two Discoverys put aside for our group and plenty of staff to help out.

See you all Sunday!

I'm sorry to say this but I have to bail out of this event  :(   I just acquired a new (to me) ski boat but it has to be picked this weekend. Located near Grass Valley.

On the plus side...may be we can bring this boat to Baja on our next Baja Adventure! 

Archived