My New Rovertym Rear Bumper!

LandRonB

Had Cerrone's installed my new Rovertym Rear Bumper. Tony sourced out this bumper from Rovertym with a discount. Nice! Plus savings on shipping. Double Nice! Nice install/work by Frank (completed in 2 hrs). I am happy overall!

Sliders are next!

Time to hit the trails starting with the MORG this Saturday!

Right after the install, took the D2 for a spin on my neighborhood mini-trail. Here are some pictures:

Pic1: Checkout Rovertym's rear bumper for D2s

Pic2: Close-up/door open; it's stock looking yet better!

Pic3: Holes pre-cut to fit rear lights! No rewiring or re-locating to do! Nice!

Pic4: Right Rear View

Pic5: Check out the bottom! Nice work!

Pic6: Can't forget the stickers: NCLR and Tread Lightly!

Pic7: LRRForums!

Pic8: And Hawaiian Style!

Pic9: Ready for Easy to Med Diff Trails!

Very nice Ron!! You're getting that D2 setup pretty quickly. Are you getting the RTE front bumper too? I'd like to get a closer look at your cb install on Saturday if you don't mind. I've been reading up on cb's since your earlier post.

BTW, how much are the Tread Lightly stickers and which ones do you have? I don't even remember what I ordered.

Thanks Brenton!

I am not sure about the RTE front bumper; might keep the front stock till I can find the right front custom bumper.

Sounds like visiting Clyde is in order! Learn more about CBs.

Re: Tread Lightly sticker is $1.50 ea; I have one for you - see pic 6 above.

Sliders are next on my list; saw your post re: installing them - cool! Want to see them! Will see you the MORG this Saturday.

Gotcha on the stickers, thanks. Can you keep the LR hitch with the RTE bumper? I've looked at a few rear bumpers and some have integrated hitches.

Edit: I love the Hawaiian Style sticker, it covers half the globe!!

Ron, you are trying to look more and more like Desertcrawler!

I've got the RTE bumper as well -- got rear-ended at Moab and it saved my buddies jeep from going over a cliff...no body damage it holds up well...I have banged it on lots of rocks and scraped across em like it is an extended slider.

Little black paint and all is well once more.

I am using the standard disco hitch with mine -- no real clearance issues it does drag on slickrock sometimes.

Had to get rid of my rear step though...

Yeah, when I was in Hilo, Hi in Feb; saw the sticker @ a surf shop and caught my attention. Let me know if you'd like one; planning to go back to Hilo this year, and can go back to the same surf shop.

And like Chuck said, you can keep the LR hitch with this RTE bumper!

C yah @ the MORG this Sat.

Gotcha on the stickers, thanks. Can you keep the LR hitch with the RTE bumper? I've looked at a few rear bumpers and some have integrated hitches.

Edit: I love the Hawaiian Style sticker, it covers half the globe!!

Thanks for the link Chuck! All that, and RTE still looks good! Cool!

This is our Moab trip thread. Has good clearance and damage pix to the rear bumper here. If I hadn't had it I think it would have been a lot worse...

http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?t=3404&highlight=lilcrawler

Archived