King of the Hammers Feb 8 to 11. Join Pit Crew!

Teds

King of the Hammers is coming up the week of February 6th to the 11th in Southern California in Johnson Valley! It is the ultimate offroad race combining desert racing with hard core rock crawling. Each day has a different class of vehicles, motos, UTVs, upgraded stock vehicles and the Ultra4 full custom race trucks. From a dry lake bed, Hammertown explodes to over 50k people.

Rob Gardner-Black (P38 (recently sold, RRS, RR classic) has been racing as co-dog in a Polaris RZR 1000 turbo the past 3 years. I have been pit crew for them the past 2 years and am looking for more people to join the team. Last year, we were associated with a larger team running the Every Man Challenge, but that team has disbanded this year.

I am hoping we can find a few more rovers to join us in the pits and help with the race. No experience required, we just need more bodies to help with changing tires, tightening bolts, filling gas, etc. We communicate with HAM radios on ‘open’ race channels, so no license required and I have extra radios. A stock rover is sufficient for any trails leading to the pits. Its hard to describe the scene down there, but is truly something to experience as it is the pinnacle of offroad racing unlike any event in the world.

The Polaris UTV race is early Wednesday morning, February 8th and I am driving down Tuesday morning from Sacramento. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out and I can give you some more details.

Archived