New Years on the Mojave

No plans to make it annual as this was actually hosted by AZLO but it wouldn't be hard to make it happen.  Finding the right time is the issue.  Winter can be too wet/muddy and summer too hot so it's usually a spring/fall run.  It's an easy trail for the most part and any stock Rover can do it.  The only worries are the lake (possibly impassable if too muddy) and the water crossings at the western end (we had over 30" of water)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Short from SCLR usually runs a trip in April when his wife Janet is on spring break from her job as a teacher. I'll cross post it up here when he announces it if there is any interest. Looks like you guys will be running a couple of death valley trips in that same time frame around spring break so I'm not sure how that would shake out, but I'll post it up here anyhow.

• 1 month later...

Digging up old thread... learn something new on the LR2...

I had to replace lightbulb in Marie's LR2...BTW, the light housing says H11... yea, don't believe it. It uses a 9005. Thanks Amazon for their return policy. 

Anyways, looked at the airbox and intake plenum does route over wheel well and over to the driver side fender vent. 

The lowest point of the plenum, and potential water ingress point, is just below the headlight... around 2'. 

The plenum itself is made of some sort of fiber materials - closet material I can compare to is the sound deadening pressed paper stuff under most hoods. I'd imagine the plenum could just soak up water and disintegrate if it is submerged.

post-999-0-95218000-1487534406_thumb.jpg

Archived