North Bay Trails

Hi all. My 110 finally arrived and looking for some trails ideally in the north bay to have some fun. Any ideas appreciated!

I had it up in Humboldt last weekend and had a blast w some river crossings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mendocino NF has a variety of options, mostly moderate though the growth can mean plenty of pin stripes.  There's also Cow Mountain OHV park. (come to think of it, I'll have to set up a MORG up there again)

Mendocino NF has a variety of options, mostly moderate though the growth can mean plenty of pin stripes. There's also Cow Mountain OHV park. (come to think of it, I'll have to set up a MORG up there again)

Dude, that cow mountain is straight bushwhackers paradise! Or at least the part next to Dan's house...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Dude, that cow mountain is straight bushwhackers paradise! Or at least the part next to Dan's house...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

True dat.  The club has been out to do trail clearing over at SCM because it's so bad.

We've also just been out on runs and they turned into bushwhacking exercises because it gets so overgrown (or we were accidentally on the single-track trails... :D )

kurtisblo...were you on DefenderSource how to mount the license plate on your newly painted truck?

If so, how did you end up mounting the lic plate?

Yes that is me. I am not mechanically gifted and even the smallest car project seems to pose issues for me. So I bought a Defender to face my fears :). Mostly bc I want to do it right and am never confident enough that I can do it. I would love to meet up with some defender people in the bay for some advice on some basic issues/questions and learn about the mechanics. My truck is in great shape but there are a few items I want to fix/tweak.

As for the LIcense plate, I bought a Rivnut gun and rivnuts and was ready to go. Then I asked a few more people and the advice was to tape it on. It seems kind of ridiculous but ended buying some 3m tape which I lost. I then used some ductape for a temp fix. It's been on there for a week.

Any trails in Marin or Sonoma?

How is this book? Guide to California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails https://www.amazon.com/dp/1934838071/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aEi-xbH7KKHGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an excellent book, as is the Massy book:

https://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Adventures-California-Peter-Massey/dp/1930193084

I also have a few others that aren't as good as those two.

However I don't think any of them have anything in Marin or Sonoma.  It's just too close in to the bay.  I'm sure there may be some trails up there but I don't know the area that well.  You might try looking around the Berryessa area. 

Here's a link to the Wine Country Rock Crawlers' site with trails listed, but notice most of them are not in Marin/Sonoma, and many of them are difficult trails as you would expect from the club name.

http://winecountryrockcrawlers.org/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=15&Itemid=23

well, I think you've landed in the right place. 

Plenty of members with experience and opinions to help out. 

And there are a few Defenders owners; D90 and 110... and older series trucks. 

What engine do you have running in your 110?

well, I think you've landed in the right place.

Plenty of members with experience and opinions to help out.

And there are a few Defenders owners; D90 and 110... and older series trucks.

What engine do you have running in your 110?

Based on the photos of Octroverfest I would say there are plenty of Defender owners hanging out here!

I have the 200tdi in my D110

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes that is me. I am not mechanically gifted and even the smallest car project seems to pose issues for me. So I bought a Defender to face my fears :).

Like jumping out of an airplane to learn to fly ;-)

As noted above, you've come to the right place!

Mendo and surrounding area is fun to explore, Mendo NF, Usal Rd, etc.. 

Do you ever make it down to the Peninsula? We have a casual dinner gathering 3rd Thursday of the month in Portola Valley at the Alpine Inn... Try to work it into your schedule...

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom. On occasion for work. I will definitely keep it in mind. And I would definitely be interested in any "wrenching" days where I can watch and learn some repairs and have people help me get familiar w the mechanics of my D110

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived