LR3 blew a tire. Can I get jut 2 tires?

Teds

The LR3 blew a tire yesterday and is not repairable. They have 33k miles of them at a tread depth of 9/32s with new at 14/32s. Can I just get two and rotate side to side or do I need to buy 4 new ones? The tires have lots of life in them. My last set of Michelin AT2s lasted over 80k miles.

If not, then I will probably buy BFG ATs in their new design, but of course they are the most expensive tire. Need to decide on size. Currently running 265/65 r18s. Need to price some out. Was hoping to do the tranny service, not buy 4 tires. 

Thanks for the replies. It's a moot point now since Michelin discontinued the AT2s I bought. But Michelin and America's Tire are stepping up and taking care of me. The tires are at 9/32s from 14/32s so they are giving me 60% return on the 3 good tires, 100% on the blown one and I am getting what I think is the best all terrain tire, the new BFG AT KO2 in 265/65 r18s. I am also getting 5 this time to rotate all around.

America's Tire also set me up when I blew out 2 sidewalls on my Revo2s and I stepped up to BFG KM2s on the range rover. Highly recommend them.

I wasn't all that thrilled with the last BFG KO, but the new KO2 looks like a winner.  One of the best ATs out there from what I can tell.

Glad to hear AmTire is stepping up since I bought my Coopers through them.  Hopefully I won't need to test their service myself but you never know.

Archived