Brainstorming with some ideas......

ChrisJB

Have you looked at the website? We have a run this month to Blue Lakes/Deer Valley/SlickRock and one next month to Gold Lake.

Alright, so It has come to my attention that NCLR should really be called BALR (bay area land rover). Is there anyone else that is in the sacramento, eldorado, placer or maybe even higher up that would like to do and off road gathering? I would really like to attend some of the MORGs but it is just cost prohibitive for me (and others I'm sure) to drive to the bay area (or farther south) for the weekend.

So, anyone got any interest and/or Ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Bear River to Silver Lake (Deer Valley?) looks to be some fun. Does anybody know this trail?

I ran a part of it during the week in my Range Rover. I was on my way to do some hiking to one of the hidden lakes in the area. Thought that we would have the place to ourselves but ran into about 200 kids pulling wagons as they were walking the immigrant trail in full period costumes. Really, bonnets and they were carrying plastic babies! Then all of a sudden here comes modern technology climbing over the rocks and passing them with the A/C on. It was very dusty.

I would like to run the whole trail sometime to check it out. Probably only 75 minutes from Folsom.

Archived