Forum use picking up

Gotrovr

We are making an effort to keep NCLR trip planning on this site to avoid the double thread problem. Good to see you on here!

X2

I am now starting (it's a conscious effort) to plot trip plans here, and then post the link @ LRRForums. Allow non-NCLR members to post/ask @ LRRForums and read the details here. Win-win.

It's tough to work around because the NCLR forums are locked out to non-members so the only other option is either to unlock the NCLR forums (or trip threads) or post up on another site to pick up non-members. The latter being a better option because the constant thread posts keep it unburied unless LRRF made NCLR trips a sticky.

I don't think non-members can read attachments. So if we post up any attachements to our posts, they can't see em.

Maybe the answer is what SCLR is doing on their Roverboard and opening it up to non-members for trip planning only. You don't sign in you just post...but that may have its own problems cause you can't ban people..

I think it's great. One of the benefits of being in a club other then the events\activites is the social aspect. Building and maintaining friendships with people that have a common interest is a big part of why people join a club. Forums are a great tool to bring people miles apart together. People contemplating about joining will see the amount of activity and because of that will be maybe be more attracted to join this club. I check out the Northen California Rover Club and their forum isn't even working and they state 200+ members....

The one suggestion I have is having some type of knowledge base available for us n00bs. The questions I post on the forum not only have a great benefit to me but also people who maybe new to this and it helps create a respository of information. No doubt you guys possess much wisdom regarding land rover ownership. So having a one stop shop so to speak with common questions and answers would be a great benefit to newcomers.

As most clubs, there is competition for the membership dollar and anything we can do to separate ourselves from the clubs the better.

Just my 0.02 :)

Some good points Chris. I propose we expand our "Sharing of Knowledge Base" on our forums. For some of us our Land Rovers are not meant just for off-roading, they help transport us for other back road adventures like Photography, Fly Fishing, SAR, Search and not have to be rescued :), etc.

I can see you offering some type of Photography clinic

Archived