• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun @ the MORG.

I still have packing to do and a few others things I need to do on the truck before the Oregon trip. I can use today and tomorrow

in prep for the trip since M-F will be near impossible to do any personal stuff w/work schedule.

Jared, I will have your money for the campground fees and we all meet-up on Saturday.

Also I was planning to hard copies of the Oregon Route 3 in color as a back-up to the GPS (my goodness very costly) for folks who may deviate from the trip and

need to leave early. I will just make them avail when we all meet up Saturday.

WElcome to all the new members!

I had to choose between getting my ham radio license or meeting all you guys at hollister, I chose the License, but hopefully I'll meet you guys out there sometime

Mr. Megawatt would approve.

It was all good, until I got stung by a bee leaving the park.

What the bee was doing leaving the park, I'll never know.

Nils,

That doesn't sound good.  Hope you're not allergic to the sting (I am, and it isn't a pretty sight).

So, what an introduction we gave you?  First we try to get you to roll your truck, then we get you stung?

Thanks to Alison and friend, for staying while we recovered Chad .... who made it up all but two of the soft slippery hairpins under his own power.  Certainly a new technique was learned in how to "luge" around the curves.  Thanks for everyone else for bailing without even a "goodbye".  And sorry to the occupants of the last truck that I didn't realize hadn't followed us, and due to the problems recovering Chad, somehow got forgotten (not a lot we could do though, sorry).

Anyway, I think we learned something (now what was that?) and I actually had a great time, even though we didn't actually drive more than 10 miles offroad.

Regards,

Graeme

Nils,

That doesn't sound good. Hope you're not allergic to the sting (I am, and it isn't a pretty sight).

So, what an introduction we gave you? First we try to get you to roll your truck, then we get you stung?

Thanks to Alison and friend, for staying while we recovered Chad .... who made it up all but two of the soft slippery hairpins under his own power. Certainly a new technique was learned in how to "luge" around the curves. Thanks for everyone else for bailing without even a "goodbye". And sorry to the occupants of the last truck that I didn't realize hadn't followed us, and due to the problems recovering Chad, somehow got forgotten (not a lot we could do though, sorry).

Anyway, I think we learned something (now what was that?) and I actually had a great time, even though we didn't actually drive more than 10 miles offroad.

Regards,

Graeme

For Graeme... "Goodbye"

Ben, aka last truck, made it up to the meeting spot ala back route. We hung around for awhile, but Will and Ben were ready to head out and I had a dinner date at 6 that Heather reminded me of... to which I needed to make sure my guests made it to... So the three of us all left together to make sure everyone could get out okay.

Thanks for a great day everyone as always.

And Chris, the ABC's of first aid trauma were so helpful because I actually remember them. Thank you!!!!

A=airway

B=breathing

C=circulation

D=disability

E=expose

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

-Erin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben, aka last truck, made it up to the meeting spot ala back route. ......

And Chris, the ABC's of first aid trauma were so helpful because I actually remember them. Thank you!!!!

Erin,

Glad we found Ben again (my memory for names is abysmal).  And I hope you realize I was just pulling your chain about deserting us (but I'll remember it ....).

Yes, a big "thank you" to Chris.  It doesn't matter how many times you hear First Aid information, you will always learn a little more (and I re-certify my wilderness first aid every 2 years rather than 3, for just that reason).  The one problem is that things do change .... when I first did CPR (many years ago) it was 10:10 (10 compressions, 10 breaths), then it changed to 20:10, then to 10:2, then ..... often the two goes away now (no breaths) .... I think Chris said 30:2 now (is that right Chris?).  This also seems to vary across different countries .... and I've done courses in three that contradict.  Bottom line is probably none of it is incorrect and all of it is better than doing nothing.  As Chris said, if the airway is blocked and you do nothing .....

Regards,

Graeme

Sorry I missed out on the fun!  At least we did some packing for the OR trip - a little hard to do since we don't actually have the Rover here, but any prep work is better than none since we'll basically pick it up, load up, and head out.

More Pictures!

Nils,

That doesn't sound good.  Hope you're not allergic to the sting (I am, and it isn't a pretty sight).

So, what an introduction we gave you?  First we try to get you to roll your truck, then we get you stung?

Thanks to Alison and friend, for staying while we recovered Chad .... who made it up all but two of the soft slippery hairpins under his own power.  Certainly a new technique was learned in how to "luge" around the curves.  Thanks for everyone else for bailing without even a "goodbye".  And sorry to the occupants of the last truck that I didn't realize hadn't followed us, and due to the problems recovering Chad, somehow got forgotten (not a lot we could do though, sorry).

Regards,

Graeme

I'm fine just a little swelling, it'll buff out.

All in all it was a pretty normal day; 12 hours of driving, helping a guy out, meeting some new people, learning a few new skills, and a little sting.

Thanks for all the help today, NCLR.

Great talk by Chris. Thanks to everyone and I feel TERRIBLY SORRY to have been "that guy" today. MEA CULPA! And yes, I will have 4WD by the next event.

Other than that, great to meet everyone new!

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/06/0897260d744e2a44a71a031b74fee987.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/06/c82d06594c4ecef7cc50be8338606632.jpg

Hi Folks,

Wow, it was great to be out there again, its been too long for me.  Many folks were missed, David W, TanFam, Don (We know NeverHome is, well... NeverHome, Jared of team RedRover...  but... Wonderful to meet some of the new members as well!  Chad (e36) and his twin daughters (adorable!), Ben and Kate (PhoBucket) brought their sons Simon and Rubin (award for best questions and Most prepared) at the 1st aid class) oh, check out the photos of their 1st off-road trail mod  Think more for fording than clean air..., William "Will" and his p38 and Nils and his LR3 that looks more like what you'd see in the after photos of a TV Truck build than you'd find on the trail... Another beautifully done LR3. The OCD Geek in me could stare at it for hours... but my ADD would keep me hopping around the paddock!

Thanks Chris for all the prep, time and another informative presentation. I learned a few things including stick close to you on the trail!

Great to see everyone who came out and I look forward to seeing many of you at Drip in the Dirt this month when we go back to the dirt lot of Alpine Inn.

PHOTOS!

(Glad to have the service but still getting it's application sorted out, mybad)

A gallery for the event is HERE   http://norcalrovers.smugmug.com/MORGs/June-2015/

And a link to add YOUR photos to THIS gallery is HERE Guest Upload URL: http://norcalrovers.smugmug.com/upload/JNjC3H/June2015

These photos are linked FROM the smug site:

SNORKEL!!

http://norcalrovers.smugmug.com/MORGs/June-2015/i-QdWvNw8/0/M/WP_20150606_10_28_21_Pro__highres-M.jpg

Clean builds!

http://norcalrovers.smugmug.com/MORGs/June-2015/i-KCnBQFT/0/M/WP_20150606_11_25_50_Pro__highres-M.jpg

Life saving info

http://norcalrovers.smugmug.com/MORGs/June-2015/i-Mrk97LJ/0/M/WP_20150606_11_50_41_Pro__highres-M.jpg Thanks Chris!

For Graeme... "Goodbye"

Ben, aka last truck, made it up to the meeting spot ala back route. We hung around for awhile, but Will and Ben were ready to head out and I had a dinner date at 6 that Heather reminded me of... to which I needed to make sure my guests made it to... So the three of us all left together to make sure everyone could get out okay.

Thanks for a great day everyone as always.

Me thinks Ben and Kate might sign up for the HAM CRAM and become the newest members of the Baofeng (!!) family??  :-)

Me thinks Ben and Kate might sign up for the HAM CRAM and become the newest members of the Baofeng (!!) family?? :-)

Hopefully they get one with a speaker that lasts longer that 3 months! By the way, I had crystal clear sound the rest of the day using the earpiece. Good thinking.

Great talk by Chris. Thanks to everyone and I feel TERRIBLY SORRY to have been "that guy" today. MEA CULPA! And yes, I will have 4WD by the next event.

We've all been there and this is exactly why the MORG'S got started: To practice and learn from and with the help of others. You'll be the truck giving someone a tug soon enough...

Great to see you are your copilots out there!

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/06/0897260d744e2a44a71a031b74fee987.jpg

I like this picture - very 'traversing the Serengeti' feel to it with all the golden grasses.  OK, maybe too hilly for the Serengeti, but you still feel like you need a Mutual of Omaha voice over talking about lions or such.  'Jim will now tranquilize the large male....oh, my, that doesn't seem to have worked as expected...let's go to commercial'

(there I go again showing my age....how long ago was Wild Kingdom?)

Archived